B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm gonna leave all the stock components in the car. But I am going to get the signal from the 8 inch sub witha converter and add 2 Bazooka 12's with a Bazooka EL1500. Will let ya'll know how it works out..

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
biggest upgrade in your sound youll get will be adding a head unit... and that will also give you a much cleaner/stronger signal for your subs.... i say save up a little more and throw a head unit with sub outs in there, too, in my opinion, that is...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The headunits i'v been lookin at.

Alpine CDA-9813

Panasonic MXE CQ-DFX983U

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
not sure about that model, but 95% of the panasonics with mp3 playback dont support CD text... just to let you know, not sure if you would miss that feature or not if you bought it...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crutchfield says it supports CD text so i guess it does. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nvm, it dosen't say anything about text for mp3's though. SO i guess it doesn't support it for mp3's don't really care though.

·
Fast **** box
2,005 Posts
Benssax said:
The headunits i'v been lookin at.

Alpine CDA-9813

Panasonic MXE CQ-DFX983U
That alpine is good, I am biased though, I own it.

I've never owned a panasonic head unit, so I really can't tell you too much about it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have the Panasonic MXE CQ-DFX983U, and it does support ID3 tags for MP3's. I like Panasonic decks, but Im not a big audio guy, so its good enuff for me. It sounds clean to me and the preouts are also very clean too. I only have a mild setup though. I never had an Alpine, but they are higher end than Panasonics. So Alpines are just as good, if not better. You get what you pay for. The Panasonics sure are pretty though...Im such a ricer, haha. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have Question Do you Think It would Be Good For Some-One To Opt For the 180 Watt 7-Speaker Sound System That Nissan Offer's?. For 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8?.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
MoltenSilverGuy said:
I have Question Do you Think It would Be Good For Some-One To Opt For the 180 Watt 7-Speaker Sound System That Nissan Offer's?. For 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8?.
this system is actually quite good and does not suck. The reason it sounds sub par is the fact that the factory deck is sh*t, it is under powered and has no adjustability. I bought a Alpine deck and now the sytem sounds very good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts