·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #101

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a question that is killing me...
How much does the size of rims and wheels affect the smoothness of the ride...
Cause i got an 1.8S 05 with the stock steelies... and I just want to know how much it affect or if doesn't; cause i'm not sure if would be better some 16 with 225/45/16 X7'' or 205/45/17 X7'' I just dont want to lose the quality of the ride too much...
Considering that my city doesnt have 100% smooth pavement... there's a lot of potholes lol o_O' (i'm not from usa btw)
Can someone plz tell me.. be honest.. if you feel it different the cushion of the tires
Thx!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
scdragonx said:
I got a question that is killing me...
How much does the size of rims and wheels affect the smoothness of the ride...
Cause i got an 1.8S 05 with the stock steelies... and I just want to know how much it affect or if doesn't; cause i'm not sure if would be better some 16 with 225/45/16 X7'' or 205/45/17 X7'' I just dont want to lose the quality of the ride too much...
Considering that my city doesnt have 100% smooth pavement... there's a lot of potholes lol o_O' (i'm not from usa btw)
Can someone plz tell me.. be honest.. if you feel it different the cushion of the tires
Thx!!
As a rule the thinner the sidewall the stiffer and the harsher the ride especially if you add lowering springs. The larger wheel you use the thinner the sidewalls will be. With my setup bumpy roads are a serious pain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
zup

I'm new on this, so i'd like to have sugestions what kind of modifications can i do to my sentra 1.8s 2004, i've got this car for 1 year so far and only i tinted the windows, i was thinkin' my next step ... the muffler but i'm not quite sure what kind ???

·
Registered
983 Posts
Okay guy i got Tein lowering springs on my 06 1.8se, and i have full-term lock issue with my spec-v wheels 205/50 tires. Recently im looking for 205/45/40 /17 tires to replaced old ones that i got now. Also on chart says:

Recommended wheel & tire sizes for the 195/55-16 tire sized QG18DE cars:
205/40-18 (Perfect match. Tires look like rubber bands on wheels. Potholes kill wheels. 60 MPH = 60 MPH)

So should i go for 18? btw i have already added my lowering springs so im not sure would i get full u-term lock again. Any suggestion that i should do here???

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
^ 205/50-17 tires are pretty damn tall. They have a 4" sidewall. Even slightly taller than 225/45-17. The problem with 205/40-18 is that there is only the Nitto Neo Gen or Toyo Proxes 4 in that size that are affordable. Everything else costs an arm & a leg.

You should try to find some 205/45-17 tires or some 215/45-17 instead. You should be fine with either one.

·
Registered
983 Posts
SR20DE_MAN said:
^ 205/50-17 tires are pretty damn tall. They have a 4" sidewall. Even slightly taller than 225/45-17. The problem with 205/40-18 is that there is only the Nitto Neo Gen or Toyo Proxes 4 in that size that are affordable. Everything else costs an arm & a leg.

You should try to find some 205/45-17 tires or some 215/45-17 instead. You should be fine with either one.
Dude you just did me a big favor cuz im bidding a set of tires(205/45/17) that is selling by discount tires online. Man i got buy you some bear:D thx so much

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is too bad that NItto discontinued making the 225-40-17 NT555, that would be a perfect upgrade for Spec owners. You can find them floating around on Ebay though.

Has anyone tried 235-40-17s on myabe 17x8s? Or would that just be too big?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I run on that combo exactly. It's great on good roads, but the wheels will try to follow slopes on worn roads. I would not recommend it to someone who doesn't want to keep a strong hand on the wheel through the city.

So yeah, it fits. Didn't even need to roll fenders.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
where can i get these hub c. rings. i plan to buy new wheels but, the center bore measures @ 73.1mm. Can someone help me?
I would go to a good tire/wheel shop. They should have them on-hand, my shop does. if you happen to live in CT (long shot) i could put some on for you no charge... we give them away all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thank you!

BrianRitchie said:
I would go to a good tire/wheel shop. They should have them on-hand, my shop does. if you happen to live in CT (long shot) i could put some on for you no charge... we give them away all the time.
- thanks for the quick response. I wish i could take up on your offer but, i live in hawaii. - aloha!

'02 spec-v act clutch/ stillen flywheel/ b&m short shifter.

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Update 09-12-08

Updated the first post with a wheel alignment warning for everyone's economical sake. Hahaha!

gangstarplaya72 said:
right now my car is on 215/40/17 driving a spec v is that shorter then stock? and whats the mph diffrence?
When your speedometer says that you are doing 60 MPH, you are actually doing 57.9 MPH. It's not much of a difference, but the whole thing is that you are adding miles to the odometer faster than you are using the car. At "60 miles" you will have only traveled 57.9 miles. Resale value sucks *ss on a Nissan & adding miles quickly makes it worse. It's suggest a jump back to the 215/45-17 size or a 225/45-17 size to save miles. Heh!

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
^ You might get rubbing at full lock u-turns with the 215/45-17 tire. You will definitely get rubbing with the 225/45-17 tire, but it's beefier.

·
Banned
601 Posts
SR20DE_MAN said:
^ You might get rubbing at full lock u-turns with the 215/45-17 tire. You will definitely get rubbing with the 225/45-17 tire, but it's beefier.
thanks, this is the info you mentioned
Recommended wheel & tire sizes for 195/60-15 tire sized QG18DE cars:
17” X 7” (40 to 45mm offset.)
205/45-17 (Almost perfect match. 60 MPH = 60.1 MPH)
215/45-17 (Way taller than stock. 60 MPH = 61 MPH)

what might you suggest for best fit no rub and over all comfort?

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
^ I would put on the 215/45-17 for now & see what happens. If anything, you might get a small bit of rubbing during a full lock u-turn or when you are parking somewhere. The 2.0 & 1.8 cars turn in the most, so that is why bigger & wider tires rub inside the wheel well. The 2.5 cars turn in less, so they don't rub. Just be careful with the potholes. The Nismo wheels are pretty strong for the most part, but you can still bend them if you don't watch out.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts