B15 Sentra Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
100k Miles
1,408 Posts
SixthSpeed said:
I just read somewhere on the Vboard that its suppose to stand for "Sport Edition - Racing." Something about the word "Special" not used by Nissan, instead they would use the word "Limited." Which makes sense since the '06 Sentra 1.8S was advertised with a "Special Edition" package. Who knows??
which makes sense? your entire post doesnt make sense man haha.

·
Shift_dammit
165 Posts
chimmike said:
spec v= specification victory. Would have been victory specification had Nissan Japan wanted to affiliate the pos QR25 with godzilla (rb26dett)
That’s about right.. It's not that hard to figure out. Nissan has the same trims available for all there vehicles.
1) Base (e.g. 1.8 or 2.0 or 2.5)
2) Special Edition (e.g. 1.8s or 2.0s 2.5s) or on pre 2005 (2.0SE and 2.5SE) This is replaced by the SL package now.
3) is were the Altima and Sentra are different. Usually same as the SE version but with the added R which stands for racing and usually had some sort of "Sport Upgrade"

Now Nissan NA wanted to use V-Spec but Nissan Japan wouldn't let them use the Victory Spec. So they ended up using Spec V

·
CluB15 Post Whore!
686 Posts
nismoflip04 said:
Super Energy Racer

Haha....idk:D
you took that from markham :p
but its true looking at the little anime promo video nissan released on the first part of it the japanese kanji says supa energ raca(something to that effect) as seen here...

·
DON'T PANIC!
71 Posts
did ya'll think about the little known fact that the SPEC V utilizes a NISSAN style
V-TEC air intake manifold, just something to think about, but the rip off from the
V SPEC is also correct. (I think)

·
KiLLeR QG
210 Posts
^^ how does a intake manifold have vavle timing in it ??? jus wodering

·
DON'T PANIC!
71 Posts
808blackb15 said:
^^ how does a intake manifold have vavle timing in it ??? jus wodering
if you owned a SPEC V you'd know wouldnt you?

·
KiLLeR QG
210 Posts
tallguysc said:
if you owned a SPEC V you'd know wouldnt you?
it doesnt matter what kinda car you own....intake manifold dont have vavle timing in it.....your VALVE TRAIN has VALVE TIMING in it

A Spec has the "secondarys" but that still isnt VAVLE TIMING

·
Registered
486 Posts
808blackb15 said:
it doesnt matter what kinda car you own....intake manifold dont have vavle timing in it.....your VALVE TRAIN has VALVE TIMING in it

A Spec has the "secondarys" but that still isnt VAVLE TIMING
LOL.. P0Wn3d
my nissan-style muffler had some Vtec in it.. but i lost it when my honda-style muffler bearing fell out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
^^ yeah I think so too

the V in Spec V stands for Victory
Spec V is for Variable valve timing...Honda has it too V-Tec...great technology...way more power with variable valve timing than without...1.6 Sentra has 110HP & only 97CI 91-94...power was up 5 more hp because Nissan took one set of rings off the later pistons...giving 115HP for the same 1.6 engine 95 & up...AWSOME little engine...actually fun power...not a screamer...but spunky e nuff...

21 - 36 of 36 Posts