781 - 800 of 805 Posts

·
Banned
138 Posts
I drove it to work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got a replacement JVC Arsenal Deck for the stereo. I'm going to start the swap in the next couple of days, as well as swap to my winter tires in the near future too (it's going to be below 5 Celsius overnight in a few weeks).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, I actually did this several days ago...

I recently noticed that my oil consumption was going faster than usual, so as a band-aid fix, I decided to put a bottle of Engine Restore 4 cyl treatment to the crankcase. At first the car had a somewhat erratic idle when I first started it and let it begin warming up. I took the car on a test drive around my neighbourhood, and then around town and out on the highway. Several times when I was coming to a stop, the car completely stalled within the first hour of driving. I thought this was weird, but hoped that it was just a fluke. Turned out it was, the car hasn't done it since. I've put several hundred km's on it since adding the Engine Restore, and now the idle is dead smooth, the engine oil consumption has stabilized, and I've got an obvious difference in power and acceleration now. There is torque everywhere now, other than around 3500-4500 like it was before.

As far as I can tell, that stuff has sealed imperfections in my engine and has raised the compression back up to around where it should be. That's the only explanation I can think of. It's worked as advertised, and now my car is even more reliable, and quicker than it was before.

I will report back after I've got more info...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, on my son"s 2002 SER with the QR25DE engine, I managed to get the cams off, pull the intake (all butterfly screws were in place) break the pre-cat exhaust chamber by snapping off the O2 sensor boss, (new one on order), break two 1/2" to 3/8" socket adapters trying to break loose the camshaft sprocket bolts and finally stripped one head bolt and bent a couple of 3.8 drive socket tools trying to break loose the next head bolt. I was using a 3/8" drive 10mm hex socket with a breaker bat and a 5' pipe extension.

I don't think I am going to be able to get the bolts out. Junk the engine?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I found and bought a matching set of 2K2 GXE 15" rims with tires mounted on them. I am going to be using these for winter, after I replace my steel wheels with them. The rims have no curb rash or obvious blemishes in the paint, and they are all balanced and were owned by one of the mechanics at my local Nissan Dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Washed, waxed, and installed some Sick Speed 2.5L emblems on my front fenders as well as a 2J Racing badge on the back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
fresh rear coils, struts, and attempting to fit a new stock type muffler in a bit. drives so much better now instead of having wasted springs and no shock absorbtion. really like the Monroe SensaTrac stability too. offers solid cornering and a nice cruising speed ride as well.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Driving home the other day...my odd engine whirr suddenly changed to a louder tick...then a pop, and now this...fucking piece of ****. Anyone have info linking to.the option of a VQ swap or a better motor than this **** one? That sounds like a spun cam bearing to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Header install

I ditched my disintegrating pre-cat for a header today! (6 hours and several burns and bits of rust in my eyes later...) :wink
Oh, and gave her a fresh oil change with Royal Purple (I just got this damn car and i'm already spoiling it!)

781 - 800 of 805 Posts