B15 Sentra Forum banner

761 - 780 of 804 Posts

·
DIY-er
681 Posts
Disabled the A/C auto-on feature with defrost. Refrigerant leak, and I don't plan to repair the A/C, so having the pump kick on with defrost is worse than useless.

·
Registered
181 Posts
FINALLY found the factory SE-R floor mats for my Spec. The Canadian Tire geckos were so annoying.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
I figured out my mileage for the very first time. Driving a mix of highway and city with aggressive driving and no thought to saving gas, she gives me a consistent 35mpg. Awesome :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put locktite on my butterfly valve screws, replaced my shift indicator light, cleaned up the engine bay, and installed a bung spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
SE-R Spec NüR
22 Posts
dropped off the front & rear bumpers for paint
awaiting arrival of megan dp w/ flex sect

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Had the input shaft bearing replaced, along with the new clutch I just replaced a month ago. Had so much trans fluid pouring through the bearing in that month it soaked everything inside the clutch housing :mad:
At least it's all correct now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Installed a new intake that is CARB legal in California. My Sentra did not pass the smog check since the intake was modified.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Well after an annoying first couple years in my Se-R Spec-V, I stuck it out from 2002-2010 when after 80,000km the engine and pre-cat ate it... nissan did nothing like they did for all the other issues until I forced the issue... unfortunately the powertrain wattanty was dead by the time I hit the mileage but oddly enough 80,000k seems to be the number a lot of people were at when the engine ate a grenade...

Aside from the engine/cat issue, I had the following.... (numerous fit and finish issues in 1st year) fuel pump, tab in shifter tore into the shifter boot, badly joined trunk seams, crank position sensor(TWICE!), steering wheel on sideways, windows out of the tracks, AC poor cooling, bad paint and a host of other annoyances...) so after last winter replacing the rack and the alternator and battery being replaced and a clutch that works but started making a bit of noise when slipping the clutch starting on hills (rear brakes needed to be done too)... I said enough's enough....

Nissan still refuses to take ownership for their crap engine/pre-cat design and screwed me out of the cost of the engine a few years back(and all the other issues but luckily they happened in the first couple years).... so I probably won't be back to nissan anytime soon... especially since nissan (outside of the Z) doesn't really interest me anymore.

Sooo... I upgraded to the current bang for the buck performer... a ford focus ST... this thing kills the sentra in every way.... well the turning radius is about the same and I could adjust the manual settings on the spec-v better than the electronic recaros in the ST... but other than that I am soooo glad to be rid of the nissan... and even better I am getting the same if not better gas mileage with an engine putting out 75+ horsepower and a bucket of torque.... and amazingly less torque steer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Winter time here, put nice grippy tires up front and bald ones in the back for a nice long drift around every corner. Made it to work having looked more out the side windows than anything.

761 - 780 of 804 Posts