B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my garage today and I noticed a spont on the cement of a dark liquid. It is in the area where the front right corner would be parked. My car has been making an aweful noise off and on when I come to a complete stop. Could it have anything to do with the liquid on the ground? Please let me know what this could be. Thanks

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well if its brake fluid than it would possibly be related to the brake noise. If thats the case you have a potentially serious problem.

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I would deffinetly keep an eye on it,,,,start parking in a different spot and everytime you go to leave check it out and see.....and where the spot is on the ground you can look up at the car and see if you can see any moisture on the car right about where the drip is to see if you can pinpoint it......

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
119 Posts
Place some white paper towels right under where you think it drips. All the fluids in our car are a different color. If it is red it is either power steering or auto trans fluid. If is gold it is brake fluid or motor oil or manual gearbox fluid. If it is green it is coolant.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

G

·
The strange thing is that it is on the right side. The brake master cylinder is on the left firewall. It could be powersteering fluid I guess. The coolant tank is on the right front.

I'd also check all the readily accessible fluid levels. Check the coolant, power steering, engine oil, and brake master cylinder levels. If any of them are significantly off, take the car in.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
605 Posts
maybe oil leak. Check your drain plug and oil filter. Make sure that they are tightened.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts