B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 nissan sentra and about 2 weeks ago it was overheating so I took the thermostat off and it was fine a week later started overheating again so I put antifreeze in it and it was fine now its overheating again today (5days later) and its overheating and when I went to pull over I heard clicking when I was trying to accelerate....???

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 04 SE-R started overheating in February. After looking under the hood, I saw where coolant had sprayed over the engine with much pooling around the top of the radiator (the original) I concluded that the radiator was clogged. I then replaced the thermostat as well as the radiator. This solved my overeating problem. Now your clicking problem is interesting. If possible, try to isolate where the sound is coming from. Also post the engine size that is in your Sentra as this may help to receive a reply from other forum members.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 nissan sentra and about 2 weeks ago it was overheating so I took the thermostat off and it was fine a week later started overheating again so I put antifreeze in it and it was fine now its overheating again today (5days later) and its overheating and when I went to pull over I heard clicking when I was trying to accelerate....???
There were a few things like that happen to me as well. It's a cooling problem. I replaced the water pump, radiator, valve rocker gasket, and thermostat housing. The clicking or rattle is possibly not enough oil. Don't forget to check your spark plugs as well. the most difficult fix and i would say get a mechanic to put the water pump on. That thing is connected to the alternator and its a pain to do yourself, The others are easy fixes. That resolved lots of heat and rattle for me. If you are going to fix it yourself or a mechanic, buy the Nissan official parts, QR engines are sensitive to aftermarket.
02' Se-r White

1 - 3 of 3 Posts