B15 Sentra Forum banner

What Mod To Do Next

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04' Sunburst. So far, cosmetically, all I've done is the Nismo stripes. What should come next?

1)Ground and interior Neon Kit

2)Nismo Rims (I have the brembos so that is all the will fit I think)

3)Nismo Rear Spoiler Lip

4)Nismo Rear Wing

or should I go the performance route

5)HP Downpipe

6)Apex APCII Controller

Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
lower it and then get the nismo FRONT lip :D

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
I say a drop if you want cosmetics and handling, or get a header if you want some nice increased performance. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i voted rims.... mainly because my wheels came today and im pretty psyched bout them

drop it too ;)

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would definitely bote going the performance route, and although I would usually never do so, I would recommend a Nismo performance part, as you already have the stripes which currently represent....nothing. ;)

The HP downpipe would likely not do much for a car with a stock I/H/E...it is a great component part in an exhaust system, but on a stock car alone, I don't think you would release it's potential.
I wouls always recommend against neons. They will piss you off somehow, wether it's by the cops fcuking with you, one of them breaking, or people flaming you(because you'd deserve it) p.s. neons scresm "STEAL ME" or "I'VE GOT A SWEET STEREO...JUST BREAK IN AND FIND OUT!"
Nismo rims are not worth the money, plain and simple, there's no way around it. You wouldn't buy a Nismo Spec V that was an exact replica of a regular Spec V, with no mods other than the badges, for an extra $4,000 on the sticker. (or would you, some of the suckers are now asking lmao)
A Nismo spoiler would be expensive overall, with installation and such....and definitely not be worth it. It woes pretty much nothing.
A Nismo rear lip kit would not look right ever, IMHO, but definitely not a chance with no full body kit, if that's your bag.
LMFAO @ Apex APCII. It's the Apex'i SAFC2 ;) That is actually a great mod no matter what, and the best pick on your list, (if that's what you meant)so I voted this. If the poll had "other", I would pick that.

·
Red Beard Innovations
1,146 Posts
Tony I said:
I would definitely bote going the performance route, and although I would usually never do so, I would recommend a Nismo performance part, as you already have the stripes which currently represent....nothing. ;)

The HP downpipe would likely not do much for a car with a stock I/H/E...it is a great component part in an exhaust system, but on a stock car alone, I don't think you would release it's potential.
I wouls always recommend against neons. They will piss you off somehow, wether it's by the cops fcuking with you, one of them breaking, or people flaming you(because you'd deserve it) p.s. neons scresm "STEAL ME" or "I'VE GOT A SWEET STEREO...JUST BREAK IN AND FIND OUT!"
Nismo rims are not worth the money, plain and simple, there's no way around it. You wouldn't buy a Nismo Spec V that was an exact replica of a regular Spec V, with no mods other than the badges, for an extra $4,000 on the sticker. (or would you, some of the suckers are now asking lmao)
A Nismo spoiler would be expensive overall, with installation and such....and definitely not be worth it. It woes pretty much nothing.
A Nismo rear lip kit would not look right ever, IMHO, but definitely not a chance with no full body kit, if that's your bag.
LMFAO @ Apex APCII. It's the Apex'i SAFC2 ;) That is actually a great mod no matter what, and the best pick on your list, (if that's what you meant)so I voted this. If the poll had "other", I would pick that.
Actually, he has several Nismo products, look at his sig. I vote Nismo rims because they look sweet, fit over the Brembos (which I have only heard of a couple others doing), and get name recognition, which obviously you are going for (ferraristyle) because of the stripes and parts.

·
Registered
501 Posts
ferraristyle said:
04' Sunburst. So far, cosmetically, all I've done is the Nismo stripes. What should come next?
Sorry, I didn't even read his signature. All I did was read this, in his first post...it lead me to believe he had only the stickers.

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
The only problem with the SAFC-II is I believe that if you install it now, everytime you add a new part (header, pulley, bsr, etc.) the car would have to be re-tuned. I want to do that, but it will probably be my last performance mod. I don't want to have to pay an extra $100 to get it re-tuned on a dyno each time, thus adding $100 to each new part I would buy. Just my thoughts. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
501 Posts
ROTFL!!! :D :D :D

The SAFC2 will provide benefits regardless of mods, especially because people on this board have them with different configurations and mod setups. You will always be able to pull numbers from similarly equipped other cars, and work from there. Of course it's not near as accurate as doing it on a dyno, but $100? Where do you go dyno, 'cause that's a ripoff!

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
why isn't nismo header an option? you've got the nismo intake and exhaust, so just finish the combo. then after you get the header, JWT cams and THEN get the S-AFCII (WTF is a APCII?)

i think piknockout has a good point tony, its better to get the bolt-ons then the s-afcII because its a lot less tuning when you only have to do it once.

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
Tony I said:
ROTFL!!! :D :D :D

The SAFC2 will provide benefits regardless of mods, especially because people on this board have them with different configurations and mod setups. You will always be able to pull numbers from similarly equipped other cars, and work from there. Of course it's not near as accurate as doing it on a dyno, but $100? Where do you go dyno, 'cause that's a ripoff!
Yes, the SAFC-II WILL provide benefits regardless of mods, no question about that. My only point was the fact that each time you add another mod, you would have to get on a dyno and retune, which I would consider a huge PITA, especially when he could get similar results to the SAFC-II from spending the same amount of money on a header without having to dyno tune, maybe add a couple of more mods, and then the SAFC-II would be more effective and would require fewer trips to the dyno for tuning. That's the reason I haven't bought one yet because I want to add the BSR kit and possibly JWT clutch/flywheel, and then the SAFC-II would complete my setup with only one trip to tune. You could definitely use others numbers (if they decide to share), but like you said it's not as accurate as the dyno. Do other mods and make the SAFC the final touch and tune it accurately. Just my personal preference, but by no means the only way to go about it.

Also, a shop nearby where I live just got a dyno and quoted me a price of $80 for 3 runs and I'm assuming a little more to take the additional time that could be needed for tuning. Not only that, but it's not like there is a competitive market in the Delaware area for dyno tuning, so all of my assumptions on price are determined by what I have around me. I wouldn't be surprised if it could be done cheaper at another place, I just don't live near one that is cheaper.

·
Registered
501 Posts
piknockout said:
it's not like there is a competitive market in the Delaware area for dyno tuning
ROTFL!!! I hear ya man!

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
Yeah, no joke. How much do you usually pay for a dyno run? Just trying to get a comparison. Thanks man!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts