B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some of you guys mention that you have "coilovers" on your b15s. I am curious on which companies make coilover kits for our cars. I am willing to buy a set once spring hits. Please, there's gotta be atleast 3 brands out there!

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Ground Control Coilovers with Eibach
Weapon R Circut Pros
HP RacingMotorSport Gen1

I personally have the HP ones...... they were cheap and just as good

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ground Control has them out for b15s??? I always liked GC! Do you know how far I can lower it? Also, do they have aftermarket shocks for the b15 to go along with the set of coils?

?how much did your hp set cost?

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

G

·
From what I heard Darkside is right. You have to modify the B15 strut to accept the B14 coilover sleeve and inserts. Ground control seems to be very willing to build anything you want...provided they can have a car to work on. That seems to be the problem. No one can get a B15 to them to use as a prototype. If the B14 and B15 struts are so similar, I doubt it would take much for them to manufacture a B15 specific coilover.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It's Here!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
modify? what modification are you talking about.... I have coilovers..... they were labeled "Sentra 95 - 00" and I didnt have them modified.... was this only for the GC ones??

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
in most cases yes.... but I have coilovers on my ride and its fine.... except for a few weird noises every now and again

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
im sure they work, but they werent made for the b15. Mike K said the Ground Controls from the b14 would work but needed moddin to properly fit. If they were the same, Eibach wouldnt have made a new spring specifically for 00+ sentras.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
also to remind everyone that is thinking about getting coilovers for the B15,,,,there isn't a aftermarket shock out yet for our cars....you would have to use the stock shocks and eventually they'll go..

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
its seems that way..... they sound like they are taking a beating arent they? or is that just me?

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SDsr20de858:
its seems that way..... they sound like they are taking a beating arent they? or is that just me?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
it's not just you it's the shock your stock shocks wasn't made for the abuse caused by you car keeping them compressed when it's lowered and then when you hit a bump your bottoming out the shock...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
thats what i figured.... good thing i have coilovers.... if i cant stand the sound anymore.... can always just raise it up

------------------

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SDsr20de858:
thats what i figured.... good thing i have coilovers.... if i cant stand the sound anymore.... can always just raise it up

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wish i could....bastard!!

jk

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I mean if i knew someone was in the production of an aftermarket shock for our cars then i would get the coilovers now and throw them in and then replace the shocks when they come out...
but then i wouldn't want to deal with noise ..

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Do any companies have plans to put shocks into production like Tokico or Eibach etc...I am going for the drop but I want to do it the right way....

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

1 - 20 of 33 Posts