B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'm not really sure what the purpose is,,,but I know the filter you're looking goes at the end of the fatest tube that runs of your intake and goes into the the valve cover....

G

·
They are typically used for the PCV hose. See, you have crankcase gasses that build up in the engine. It creates pressure. These gasses are vented back into the intake under normal circumstances. This can be bad because they take the place of air that is more efficient for burning. People install these breather filters so that they can vent the pcv line into the atmosphere (which is illegal btw.) You have to use a filter because there is suspended oil in the hot gasses that exit the engine.

If you use a breather filter, you will have to plug up the hole in the intake where the hose used to go.

G

·
On the right side (as you stand infront of the car) of the valve cover, you will see a hose that goes into the intake. It is on the drivers side, on the back. It is fairly large in diameter. You can't miss it. It isn't the weird J shaped hose that sticks out. I have no idea what that is for. heheh.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
That funky looking thing that looks like a handle????? no that actually a handle to lift your engine out when you need work done :D J/K I have no idea what that is for but it's not that anyway it's the other big hose thats right on the side of it.....

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So would it be a good idea to buy one and put it on ?
You said its illegal, is that because of emissions ? cause we dont have Any emissions test here in quebec.

G

·
Well.....it won't hurt. Honestly, I don't know why your so interested in putting one on. hehehe. It's not really hurting anything by leaving it hooked up. It would be more of a PITA to change it since you'll have to rig up a new hose with a reducer since the factory line is larger than most of the fittings on those breathers. Then you will have to plug the hole you just opened up on the intake. It's a lot of work to go through for nothing. I say just leave it be.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I would just leave it, what that's doing is recycling any unburned gas vapor and other ****. Brings it back in your engine to be reburned. It would probably be a pain in the *** to rig, and you might see a tiny decrease in gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Sentra Styling said:
That funky looking thing that looks like a handle????? no that actually a handle to lift your engine out when you need work done :D J/K I have no idea what that is for.

That weird looking J shaped tube is nothing but a resonator. Its there to take away some of the sound of the stock intake. If you take it off and plug up the hole it will get a little bit louder then stock. Its not really all that important.

BTW Info came from TJ at Auto Sports Unlimited.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Nismo_Girl_2001 said:
Sentra Styling said:
That funky looking thing that looks like a handle????? no that actually a handle to lift your engine out when you need work done :D J/K I have no idea what that is for.

That weird looking J shaped tube is nothing but a resonator. Its there to take away some of the sound of the stock intake. If you take it off and plug up the hole it will get a little bit louder then stock. Its not really all that important.

BTW Info came from TJ at Auto Sports Unlimited.
No realy Nissan told me it was called a ease handle.....Designed for the Nissan techs. to pull the engine out ;) thanks for letting me know though,,,that's pretty strange that it actually serves a purpose.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts