B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an alarm system that is reasonably priced ($300 CAN.), and basically covers glass/shocks and the usual... and don't want starter. What do you guys suggest?, and what do you guys have installed?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
In my old Bonneville I had an Alpine system. I got the upgrade when I bought it where they added a radar system in the roof of the car. I liked it a lot! When people stand around the car for awhile the car will chirp at you. You can also have all your windows down and if anything comes inside the vehicle, it will set the full alarm off. It also had all the norms offered with other alarms. I payed $450 US for it with install, I'd definately shop around and do your research on the web before you commit. What I've heard is that the Viper voice system get's really annoying! but I never had one so can't say much

------------------
2000 Sentra SE PP Black 5 spd painted calipers, rotors, and strut bar.
Got my car back this weekend from the body shop and is looking good!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would go with a DEI alarm system such as Viper or Python because the quality!!! Prices vary on which model you get but all of them are good. DEI in itself is well respected and known for being at the top as far as the after-maket alarm companies are concerned!!! You can get it with a back up siren that is mounted under the dash, which XTREMELY Loud. So if someone is trying to steal your car they better have ear plugs or something or else their gonna be deaf after.

------------------
B-15 SE, 17X7 Kosei Racing Senekas, Sumitomo HTRZ2.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm currently looking at the Clifford Concept 100 and the Alpine SEC-8028. Does anybody have any experience with these brands?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Clifford 7000. It has so many features that thieves don't understand it. For instance: you have to type in a code on a two-key key pad (right, left, right etc.) everytime the door opens. If you don't, the alarm will chirp after 30 seconds of driving and shut off in the next 20 seconds. It happened to me when I was driving my cousin's prelude home from getting it installed. I picked it up for her and before I know it, the **** was chirping and I was stuck on US-1 because the fucker didn't tell me about the kill switch.

After I figured it out, I like the alarm. I would get it for my NEXT car.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i got a crimestopper, not sure which one.

It has shock sensors all over, ignition kill, and trunk opener and i paid 200$ INSTALLED!!!

I just thought i should mention it, they make good alarms (i hope) for a really good price.

------------------
White 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE 16inch rims and bangin sound system!

·
Registered
149 Posts
If your looking for a good cheap alarm I recomend a Micro Alarm or a Auto Page. The Micro alarms are around $100, they have duel shock sensors, and a 2nd channel for your trunk or whatever you want. The auto page's are a little more pricey but you get more features and better quality.

I use to have a auto page in my Altima and it was good. Cheap and did the job. Never had a problem with it.

------------------
B-15 SE, 17X7 Kosei Racing Senekas, Sumitomo HTRZ2. Kaizo Speed Gear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts