B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well hello guys my name is jeff and i have a Spec V, and currently have the 1st stage upgrade of Air intakes and Exaust system that its been done...... Well in the few weeks i was hoping to purchase a nitous kit system in my car though. but now we all know that nitrous is a big issue to install in the car especially in our spec v... i dont know what is going to be the effect before and after you put a nitrous kit, and how much would our engine could take with a shot, with a stock engine of qr25 pistons and rods...... but is it also true that even though you put 50 shot of nitrous in the car do you also have to install a set higher performance pistons and rods just to make sure that your engine will not blow when you purge the a nos.... also what about S-AFC is it also necessary to have that too and Air and fuel instruments...... is anybody outhere have a story or experience regarding about nitrous if its safe to use, good to put a set up for more horse poer and torque or what are the disadvantages that will happen when you do this....... i just want to be more curios before i make a decision off of buying it from people that liked it and didnt liked it.

thanks
jeff

·
Red Beard Innovations
1,146 Posts
you should be able to run a 50 shot safely without upgraded fuel or internal parts. If you do a search, there are 2 or 3 massive threads on n2o and they should have the answer to any of your questions plus

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
Please search and do some research before thinking about installing a nitrous kit. There are many informative threads on here about it as well as a lot of other useful information on line. A 50 is pretty safe on the QR and many guys have run 75 or so on the stock bottom end without problems but with your limited knowledge I would read up extensively before going with nitrous. Also unless you paln in going turbo get rid of that 2.75: exhaust. It is losing a ton of low end torque and probably isnt making any more HP up top. The biggest you should even think about N/A is 2/5". Allthough you may see some gains on the spray with it but with a 50 shot probably not.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so you mean to say that even though i dont have a turbo in my car, i still loose HP because of that exhaust size??? currently just be honest dude, when everytime i step on the accelarator in about 2500 rpm startin at 2nd gear, it feels like there is more pull and torque going up to shift on the third gear or so forth.... until to sixth the gear reaches. also your saying if i have that 2.75 size of pipe and i put a shot of nitrous for 50 i wont gain any horsepower or any torque atleast????

·
Banned
5,364 Posts
Bro. Really, go here:

http://www.sr20forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

and read, read read. ALL your questions will be answered and if you still have any, they will be much more specific than what youre asking now, which is pretty much going to get different opinions from everyone.

good luck with your setup.

·
You guys are dangerous
837 Posts
eastsidahboy said:
but is it also true that even though you put 50 shot of nitrous in the car do you also have to install a set higher performance pistons and rods just to make sure that your engine will not blow when you purge the a nos....
Yes this is true, purging NAWS is hard on the engine. You may even need stiffer piston return springs. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alrighty then i will read this thread but here's a quick question, getting your exsaust piping modifeid into a larger diameter is it true that you lose horse power @ the lowend RPM??? my car has CAI HS headers and the custom piping from the back of the cat which the size of it is 2.75 all the way going to muffler so i install nos would you think that it will not work????

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
2003specv said:
Yes this is true, purging NAWS is hard on the engine. You may even need stiffer piston return springs. :rolleyes:

lmfao...!

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
2003specv said:
Dont forget the high pressure kanooten valve and the heavy duty muffler bearings. Purging the NOS without them will certainly destroy your engine. Also be sure nobody steals your 02. :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
eastsidahboy said:
so i install nos would you think that it will not work????
:confused: will what not work? Will the nitrous not work? Will you not gain hp? Please clarify. Personally I think that piping is too big for your mods but it's your car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im saying that my piping is too big and i guess im loosing HP.. is it true

·
Fast **** box
2,005 Posts
2003specv said:
Werd... the 25psi purge valve with the blue LED in it killed my last motor. Me and the mad scientist spent all last night porting maf and purge valve.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Oops. I didn't know you had to hook up the NOS to the engine...I've been inhaling it this whole time! No wonder I didn't get any boost...

·
Registered
921 Posts
eastsidahboy said:
im saying that my piping is too big and i guess im loosing HP.. is it true
When your car is turbo'd a big fat 2.75/3.00" inch exhaust will help the turbo spool faster and makes more sense. On a N/A car, like yours, your loosing power cause your not making enough for piping that big.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmmmmmm really... what about 2inch and quarter???

·
Registered
285 Posts
2.25 seems to be the most popular N/A size around, but there are many people running 2.5 which seems to work fine, better if you're going to spray. Anything larger will negatively affect backpressure and exhaust velocity

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nitro

Don't run Nitrous without checking out your flasher fluid leaks. If you flasher fluid is gone, it won't work. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh aight ...... well now ill od some research

1 - 20 of 20 Posts