B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put forth the thought of a west coast SentraFest? Is there such a thing already parading as a different name? I dunno, I'm a newbie ; ), but I'd like to see something like that around here.

Oh and does anyone here participate in any of the trackracing.org events or other such similar things? There's a SpeedTrialUSA event coming up June 7/8 and I was wondering if it's worth it to go.

Laterz :cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
That would be sweet, man! A lot of people over here have expressed a desire to start some sort of west coast version of Sentrafest, but the logistics seem to bring us down every time. I'd love to be able to participate, but the trick is going to be planning it within the very short amount of time until summer is over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My team (NW Nismo Syndicate) are very interested in hosting SentraFest next summer. It would have to be in the Seattle area. I've been keeping ideas in a notebook. What does everyone think SentraFest W.C. edition Seattle summer of 2002?

Later,

Sean S.
NW Nismo Syndicate

www.nwnismosyndicate.com

·
Registered
311 Posts
Woo hoo! I love Seattle! If it's in late August 2002, I'll be living up there anyway, so it will be no drive.at all. But, no matter what I would come, 'cause that would be so freaking cool!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea, I would like to try to get a big meet together this summer, but that most likely won't happen. It's too late in the summer, and there are alot of events going on in the next few months. I'm trying to get my team to make a trip down to P-Town in the next couple of months.
As for the West Coast Edition of SentraFest 2002, I have a ton of ideas. I'm starting to get some "ins" in the import scene up here, and that should help. I also know a couple of Dj's that would spin,and/or a couple live bands. I want to talk with Josh about the "do's and don'ts" of holding an event of this size.
The one thing thatI will make very clear. WE MUST SELL ADVANCE TICKETS!!! I know that Josh asked the same, and had very little response. I just know from expierence that if we do not sell a good amount of tickets in advance, that it could bomb. I'm going to find out how much it costs to rent the hanger at the old naval base. They had xtreme Autorama there this year, and it seemd like a good place. They have also had b-boy comps there, so it can't be too expensive.
I have mass more ideas concerning comps, raffles, food (my bro owns a pizza joint, so the pizza is covered!), and other ideas. I'll keep ya posted.
I will also try to contact the founders of the event to see what they think...

Later,

Sean S.
NW Nismo Syndicate

www.nwnismosyndicate.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, I see that this post has been responded to by mainly the North West crowd, but dont you guys think it would make more sense to have it in the middle portion of the coast.

Not necessarily saying it has to be in Cali, but that is where the majority of the cars are. Maybe a compromise could be made Reno or Vegas sound good to any one???

Not saying you guys shouldnt have a oregon washington meet, just saying if we could pull off a Major multiple state meet it would have to be a little more centrally located.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed, a more centrally located one would be nice for a multiple state meet. Though, if someone can put one together and they only place they can do it is in the north west, that won't hender me tooo much. That's still miles closer than Virginia. Reno or Vegas would rock, though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Vegas or reno just seem like good places cause there is so much to do there. I know Vegas has a race track not sure about reno. These are just suggestions. I think the 2003 SE-R convention might be in Seatle. Well lets get everyone who is intresteds opinions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree that to get the Cali crowd we would have to move it south. But in all reality Reno/Vegas is just as far as The Bay Area.
If that was the case, it would have to be arranged by other people, as I have no connections down there.
I 'm getting in contact with Josh (the founder) about holding it in the Seattle/Tacoma area in the summer of 2002. I know that it is out of the way for some of you, but it is closer than the east coast. I know that between Portland, Tacoma, Seattle, and Vancouver B.C. alone that there is a pretty good amount hooked up 200's and Sentra's. Then if we get a decent turn out from other states like Cali, Nevada, Idaho, and those guys who will travel from anywhere to attend, it will be huge. I also have some other ideas to help insure a good turn out. I want to run them by Josh, and my team before they are dicided on.

Later,

Sean S.
NW Nismo Syndicate

www.nwnismosyndicate.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
well i wouldnt ind but that TWO far for my lil ghetto car:0P hehe....and besides form what my friends told me botu seattle is that thye kinda behind on some stuff..i dotn know...he used to leave there and roll with the big improt dudes form ovr there.but anyhow..i'm in southern calie and its kidna of two far for me.but let em knwo how or what you guys end up doing...and wasnt it not to far back they had a nissan meet in southern cali...i missed that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gino805,
I don't know how long it's been since your friend lived up here, but I don't think the NW is at all behind. There are two 10 sec. integras (Mike Carl, and Nick Lopez) that are from the area, along with numerous 11, 12 and 13 sec cars. As far as the show scene goes, yea, maybe our shows are not as big, but the quality is just as good. I included a couple of links that will update you on our scene.

Later,

Sean S.
NW Nismo Syndicate

www.nwnismosyndicate.com

http://www.draglab.com/

http://seattleimports.com/

http://www.garagespl.com/speed-performance-lab/

·
Registered
311 Posts
I was up in Seattle two days ago, and I have to say, the NW and Seattle in particular are NOT behind. While I was up there I saw three turboed Integras (gotta love that pssssssssh sound!) and gobs of incredibly good-looking Civics. I saw one or two very nice Sentras, a killer crystal-blue 200SX, a heavily modded first-gen Alty, and a sweet Max or two. The import scene is a bit smaller up here, but the quality is just as good.

As for location: If we're trying to include Cali, then we run into a little problem. The guys up here don't really want to drive down to the bay area (although if we caravan it wouldn't be so bad :) ) and the guys in Cali probably don't really want to drive to Seattle. We could have it in Porltand, but there isn't really a good place that I know of in PDX and the import scene, although active, isn't nearly as big in Portland as the bay area or Seattle. Las Vegas or Reno might be cool, but even that's a bit of a drive for everybody. So... I don't know. If we have it this year, I can't go very far (not 18 yet) - Seattle would probably be the limit, so about a 400 mile radius. If we have it next year, for me some time in July would be best (getting ready for college in August) and I could probably go pretty far. Also, by next year I'm going to have significantly more mods so my car won't look quite as "ghetto." Maybe I'll even lose the hubcaps :D ! Also, planning for this year is going to get hairy so maybe next year would be best anyway. We could do advance tickets WAY before and ensure that we have a major turnout as well as come up with a bunch of cool stuff to do (dyno runs, etc.).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Samo~
You should of let me know you were up here. Saturday we had a great day at the track. Anytime your in Sea-Town look us up. If you want I'll email you my #
I have TONS of ideas. I know of a few locations in the Seattle area, as well as some Dj's and live bands. I am also getting in pretty good with a few of the local shops. It would have to be next summer, as this one is almost booked already. I would definatly be doing advance tix, and there would be a small fee for registering your car for the show (if you register you would not have to buy a ticket). I want to talk to Josh about modifying the format ( yea, we're always looking to modify something! ) so that the show would include all kinds of Nissans, but only the 200's/Sentra's would be judged. It is an easy way to increase the turn out, without hurting the SentraFest tradition. I know that I can pull this off, I am way too organized for my own good!

Later,

Sean S.
NW Nismo Syndicate

www.nwnismosyndicate.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well Im sure there are alot of California, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona members that would possibly be intrested in a meet some where closer to the middle of the west coast area.

I dont want to step on anyones toes, but I think we could have a large contingent show up in Reno or Vegas or some other location. So what would that event be called? There are atleast 10 members in the Northern CA area that have shown intrest in meets, plus a large number of cars from S.Cal.
If only California people show intrest then that would solve the problem and the meet would make more sense to be located in CA. Like maybe Bkersfield or some place else with a track. But I know some of the Utah guys could probably make it to Reno or Vegas. Plus I think that the orther boards and mailing lists sould be invited, SE-R mailinhg list, SR20DE forums, Team Nismo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like I previously stated, if it is not in Seattle, I will not be able to do any of the organizing. I know that Seattle is a little out of the way for some of you, but Josh did have people from as far away as Wisconsin and Illinois at this years event in Richmond, Va. I know that there are some people that will have no issue with traveling to Seattle. I know that the turn out would be better in California, I won't argue that. I'm just doing my best to help promote the NW import scene. It has gone unnoticed and I. along with the help of my team, intend on changing that. I don't want this to turn into some kind of pissing match. That was never intended. However, It's not worth my time to argue over location.

Later,

Sean S.
NW Nismo Syndicate

www.nwnismosyndicate.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
i think thats nice of you sean:0)..but i do know that in west covina they gonna ahve anot6her meet..i guess they had on while back too...well its liek in beginning of july..i dont know theres a memo on the board somewhere:0P..anyhow i dont trust my car to go that far....i mean i dorve it up to sierra which is botu only half ways to sattle form here and thats when it was running good..now blahh..itws gettign old hehee other wise have fun if you do have it...hey sean whats ur djing names...what htey mix???i kinda of mix hosue and hiphop.they cd or turnstables??

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's cool that they are having a meet down there. I just want to see what kind of interest there would be if we held next summers SentraFest in Seattle. I'm not really sure what there Dj name are, as I'm personal friends with them. I know three guys, Tony Trania, Brandon Legg and a guy named Sean. I also know a girl name Trisha that spins. It is mostly house, dub, and techno, and they only use tables.

Later,

Sean S.
NW Nismo Syndicate

www.nwnismosyndicate.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
hmm i was thinking

i was think Rob maybe we can get a California Sentrafest together meet like half way in California the Northern Cali guys ... and the So. Cal guys or something like that instead of driving to Seattle..heh just a suggestion

1 - 20 of 21 Posts