B15 Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
First Post

Hey everyone! My name is Matt aka thatotherguy (somebody already had thatoneguy so I had to settle for this username). I dont own a Sentra myself but my cousin loves b13's and owned a b14. I actually joined this sight because my brother in law who is now almost 15 asked me for help with modifying a b15 2002 GXE so here I am! I'm not new to forums so I'll try to follow all the rules and hopefully I can be somewhat of a contributor to this site! :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just recently bought an 02 spec v after someone decided to run a stop sign in front of me... t-bones suck. anyways i got the car @ 98k miles and it runs very nice, the interior is pristine but the car has hail damage that makes me want to cry... needless to say i got the car @ 1/2 the nada/kbb price so im not complaining... just gonna have to do a lot of body work to get the car back to lookin great ^^

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to B15sentra.... Was part of MSV back in the day. Looking to turn my Spec V into a quick little daily driver on a college student's budget

·
Registered
53 Posts
New

Whats up everyone, got a 04 1.8s, done a lot to it and want to do more, if anyone has 04-06 oem side skirts form their se-r let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone I live in the Reno/Sparks area of Nevada. I have a black 2006 SpecV. There aren't that many SpecVs out here that I've seen but a ton of SIs. Love smoking them everytime. I'll probably start doing some mods now that I actually have a garage but as of now its stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks all. `87 Sentra ECM open-looped.

I have a `87 Sentra; E16I dead stock. I've rebuilt the transaxle, wheel bearings, half shafts, etc, etc. I swapped the seized 240,000 mile engine with a 120,000 mile engine from a `87 wagon. Exact duplicate, cept O2 sensor. My car originally had a single wire and a smaller port in the exhaust manifold. I am using the 3 wire that came with the newer engine. I simply am using the center wire connected to the harness. The two outer heater wires are not being used. The single sensor wire doesn't fit in the newer fitting, pipe thread located in exhaust manifold.
In Mode 1, the ECM shows its in limp mode, or open-loop. No green LED falshing. Also, no red led glow. No lean/rich activity in Mode 2. Mode 3 shows code 55, no faults detected. At times it may show code 13, coolant temp. (It may need to be in closed-loop to address sensor inputs and show other fault codes.) There is no "Check Engine" light on dash. I've left battery disconnected for 25 hours with no change.
1] How do I persue a fix concerning the open-loop condition of the ECM?
2] Can I force a closed-loop? (to catch any other fault codes and trouble shoot the main issue denying closed-loop status.)
3] Do I need to reset a relay or the ECM to solve? How to reset?
4] Is the 3 wire O2 sensor being used properly? I know, but really?

Any help will obviously be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, Tried to inquire about a post in the classifieds but turns out I can't since I need to post here first...

*Post*

Use to have an '02 Spec - V, GMC Jimmy tried to drive through it, made for a bad day. This was back around the time TheVBoard still existed.

Upgraded to a '93 240sx and just recently got a '93 RX-7 and back in the market for a DD since my 240sx is starting to suicide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey! new to site, i drive a 2003 spec-v sunburst gold. hope to get some ideas on building a balance car more for autocrossing. still up in the air about the turbo thing.trying to work on the suspension now.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Glad to hear you're using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don't hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im from TX but stationed in LA, so 1.8s auto but for now doing suspension until the funds come in for the swap. I would love to go to some meets but it would have to be on weekends. Later all

·
Registered
1 Posts
newbie here

whats up everybody, pittsburgh here. drive an 2002 specv with a ebay turbo special lol. in the process of upgrading though. just a note i have been running that universal kit with 7lbs of boost on a fully stock motor and fuel system for about 2yrs now and had no probs....yet. will be getting rods,pistons,injectors, treadstone reflash(turbonetics) and alot of the treadstone turbokit pices in the near future i hope. ill keep ya posted with pics

21 - 40 of 407 Posts