B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I resently took a trip to New York and while I was parked in a Hospital Parking garage, a silverish liquid spilled on my car. I attempted to remove it using those squeegees at a gas station (I was 1100 miles from home, and didn't know where the nearest self serve cash wash was) and it didn't seem to remove the liquid from either my paint of my windshield. I'm home now and washed my car, and the liquid "appears" to have eaten through the clear coat on my paint job. I'm not sure what I can do about this, so please, any advice would be helpful...

·
Knight Rider!!
2,193 Posts
that silver liquid might be something acidic. so best bet is to just get those parts repaired/repainted

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well doesnt that suck...maybe I can sneak it onto an insurance claim I'm placing because on my way home from NY someone backed into my car... Luckily there was a state trooper sitting there and had the man wait for my to return to my scarred sentra...

·
Registered
105 Posts
is this stuff like whitish/cementish looking???? I had something like that happen to me in a parking garage with my old car and my dad got something to remove it, came right off. I'll ask him what it was when I get home.

Edit: Vinegar that's what it was.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks, yea thats what it looked like and thats where it came from... I'll try out teh vinegar

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you try the vinager be sure to cut it with water. you could try some meg cleaner wax or something along that lines and see what it does for it. but if it has eaten through the clear coat, get it painted as soon as you can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts