B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried searchin for this, couldn't find my answer, what is the weight to power in the 1/4 mile, is it 100LBS=.1sec off the time? cause i took out 128LBS today and want to bring my car to the track?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
That's the rough estimate.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
take those 17's off the front and put you stockers on the front, or some 15's, this help's alot, I weighted my car at the track a while back and it was 2527 with out me in it, getting the car down to 2200 with in it will be a good ideal weight ratio :cool:

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GT-R said:
take those 17's off the front and put you stockers on the front, or some 15's, this help's alot, I weighted my car at the track a while back and it was 2527 with out me in it, getting the car down to 2200 with in it will be a good ideal weight ratio :cool:
i thought you would put stockers on the back and keep the fronts on cause the front is where you want traction?

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Yes, but the 17s take more power to turn as well, even if they are the same weight, having mass further away from the center of the point of rotation increases the amount of power needed.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when i hit the track im gonna bring both my 17's and my stocker 14's :D and ill see what different times i hit with each, and ill try the 17's in rear with 14's in front

·
gone :(
1,283 Posts
^^that will help also. Maybe get 2 doughnuts too...LOL btW WHAT did you do to get it down 128lbs??

·
Registered
59 Posts
The weight to time off of the 1/4 isn't linear though. It is similar to how HP reduces time.

Like going from a 17 sec to a 16 sec 1/4 mile takes significantly less weight reduction and HP improvement, than going from a 13 sec to a 12 sec 1/4 mile.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
arabian goggler said:
The weight to time off of the 1/4 isn't linear though. It is similar to how HP reduces time.

Like going from a 17 sec to a 16 sec 1/4 mile takes significantly less weight reduction and HP improvement, than going from a 13 sec to a 12 sec 1/4 mile.
well im in the 17sec to 16 range :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ever weighed the front passenger seat? Sucker is heavy (including the frame it sits on)
take out the Front/passenger seat, rear seats, all carpet/headliner/plastic inteiror pieces, spare tire/jack, winshield washer resivoir/parts, and a few other various parts you dopn't need to go 1/4 of a mile. I believe it. I took all that stuff out once, the weight adds up pretty fast.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sentrase00 said:
^^that will help also. Maybe get 2 doughnuts too...LOL btW WHAT did you do to get it down 128lbs??
ok heres the list, i weighed all this stuff

spare + jack=27LBS
Amp=7LBS
Subs=53LBS
Back part of rear seats=20LBS
Rear seat=10LBS
the thing that sits over the spare=3LBS
Carpeting=8LBS

TOTAL=128LBS

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
03BlackoutSER said:
o ok the subs i was wonderin
hehe ya they way too much, but when i went to the 1/4 mile track last time i had subs and all in the car :D hopin for much better time this time, also gonna remove passenger seat when i hit the track :D

·
Southern Shift Racing
2,511 Posts
Your amp and subs don't really count as a weight reduction seeing as they never came with the car in the first place. ;) You made your car slower by having some heavy audio equipment in the trunk, taking that stuff out brings you back to par. Weight reduction = any reduction in weight taken from the stock 'wet' weight of the vehicle. :cool:

So in reality you only lost ~68lbs.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
silversurfer said:
Your amp and subs don't really count as a weight reduction seeing as they never came with the car in the first place. ;) You made your car slower by having some heavy audio equipment in the trunk, taking that stuff out brings you back to par. Weight reduction = any reduction in weight taken from the stock 'wet' weight of the vehicle. :cool:

So in reality you only lost ~68lbs.
i lost 128LBS from the last time i went to the track, i was just sayin that im 128LBS lighter than usual, but ya 68LBS lighter than when the car is stock :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts