B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whose done some weight reductions on a b15 (other then the fluidmobile,lol), i want to see if i can get the spec into the 13's N/A.
i already removed the spare and jack, how heavy is the rear seat (or the pass seat?) now i also want to be able to put everything back because its my daily driver!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,486 Posts
the rear seat didnt way a thing in my car... so i twas senseless to take it out to me anyway... passenger seat i heard was heavy... heh if u have lots of time u can take the A/C out and put it back together ;) i dunno theres not much u can do :confused: ... CF hood... lighter wheels...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, c/f hood means i run some crazy class for autox. removing the AC? that's a possiblity but then the accessories belt might not fit.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
ohh i dunno much about auto-x sorry... the seats are a good place to start, and yeah im not too sure about a/c I just know its ALOT of weight... start runnin on the treadmill tubby :p
ha ha, im like 5'7, 160lbs!!!
and i already do hit that treadmill........i might try that a/c thing, it doesn't get too warm up here....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,871 Posts
flywheel? bsr? forged light rims? light tires? light rotors and calipers? cf seats, remove sound deadening, remove A/C, remove all HVAC, remove windshield wiper and nozzles and fluid resoivor and motor, glass windows -> lexan windows :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pio!pio! said:
flywheel? bsr? forged light rims? light tires? light rotors and calipers? cf seats, remove sound deadening, remove A/C, remove all HVAC, remove windshield wiper and nozzles and fluid resoivor and motor, glass windows -> lexan windows :)
lmao! im gonna have to pull some fred flintstone sh*t!
 

·
King of OT
Joined
·
5,210 Posts
The rear seats are all foam, they weigh nothing at all. The front seats are probably 30-40ish. I can lift them up without any trouble really.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
if you take that stuff out then you change classes. you might want to check with your rules before you start pulling and if im not mistaking you remove those seats and you might as well remove everything like fluid did because that is the class that you will be in.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,364 Posts
-the brackets for the rear seats.
-there is 2 metal shrouds behind the rear seat, one on each shock tower
-the carpet linings on the sides of the trunk
-baffleboard
-glovebox
-center console
-passenger seat
-rear seat

i know all these things weigh very little. but combined its a lot! i took all those things off my car and have them in a pile at my storage. Its a lot of weight trust me, i cant pick it all up at once.
 

·
Owner
Joined
·
1,650 Posts
1SentraNotEnuff said:
-the brackets for the rear seats.
-there is 2 metal shrouds behind the rear seat, one on each shock tower
-the carpet linings on the sides of the trunk
-baffleboard
-glovebox
-center console
-passenger seat
-rear seat

i know all these things weigh very little. but combined its a lot! i took all those things off my car and have them in a pile at my storage. Its a lot of weight trust me, i cant pick it all up at once.
I can't pick up 20 empty assembled cardboard boxes either, but it has nothing to do with weight... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,958 Posts
You can remove (what little there is) of the sound deadening. You can also recarpet the car with thin auto carpet, that stuff weighs about the same as air.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
Not to mention....I HATE CARS WITHOUT SEATS....don't take that **** out....luxury is more important that 13's I would never take off a "working" A/c and see no sense in taking out the seats of glove box or console....well not to my daily driver anyway....only if I were building a drag only car....or race only I should say
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,958 Posts
SPECSen said:
Not to mention....I HATE CARS WITHOUT SEATS....don't take that **** out....luxury is more important that 13's I would never take off a "working" A/c and see no sense in taking out the seats of glove box or console....well not to my daily driver anyway....only if I were building a drag only car....or race only I should say
seats, spare, jack, glove box can all be easily removed and replaced later. It's not a big deal to get rid of them before going to the track.

I can tell jsut from removing that bulky passenger seat that my car is a little peppier.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cburwell said:
Well if you go crazy with the weight reduction by taking some of the suggestions that other people have given you, that could move you into another class in Auto-x.
i know, thats why i said i didn't want a c/f hood.

i just want to do something i can remove before a drag race, and then put back after.
 

·
Bow to your SE GOD
Joined
·
4,702 Posts
Most of the stuff you can remove that easily won't help much. Taking it ALL out will help marginally- but you'd be surprised how much it can affect you mentally. I remove everything like carpet, mats, seats, tire/jack, glove compartment, CD's, etc. before auto-x, and I THINK it's lighter, so I drive better ;)
Sounds ****, but makes me feel better, and has been worth a few 10ths a few times for me so far this season.
Leaving my co-driver to watch on my last lap yesterday was good for 2.019 seconds :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Our Sentra XE's are down to about 2100 lbs (I'll try to get the exact figure) You won't get any lighter than this, at least not with the roll cage. Front seat is pretty heavy, and the rear is heavier than you think. The steering wheel is really heavy, swap for a Momo/Sparco/OMP. Glass makes a huge difference, lexan is much lighter. Door panels, roof liner (sunroof if you have one) center console, sound padding, rust proofing, all the heat sheild bits from the exhaust. After that you can get into the plasma cutting :D
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top