B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about taking out my backseats off my 01' SE. Anyone attempted to do this? Is it safe? Is it legal? I've already taken out the spare as well. Wanted to run it by the b15sentra.net guys before pursuing further. 99% of the time I drive by myself anyways.

-iLL

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
iLLt3cK said:
I was thinking about taking out my backseats off my 01' SE. Anyone attempted to do this? Is it safe? Is it legal? I've already taken out the spare as well. Wanted to run it by the b15sentra.net guys before pursuing further. 99% of the time I drive by myself anyways.

-iLL
As far as it being illegal I would have to doubt it ,,,,But Inspections I would have to say yes.....

G

·
It should be straight forward. THe hardest part will probably be removing the seat back. You'll have to dissassemble the hinge. THe bottom cushion should just have a couple bolts holding it on.

You can save a good amount of weight, but you gotta ask yourself why? Some people strip their interiors when they go to the track, but I don't think you would want it like that on a day to day basis. It looks really bad, and the interior will get noisy.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah, it's going to be crazy loud in the car without a back seat. I drove a few miles once without the backseat with a stock exhaust and it was nuts - I could hardly hear myself think. I can't imagine what it would be like with my new exhaust. Why don't you pull them out just at the track? The car will be a little heavier on the road, but it'll be quieter and more driveable. Anyway, the seat doesn't weigh that much, so IMO pulling it out wouldn't be worth the increased noise, etc.

·
Registered
0 Posts
samo said:
Yeah, it's going to be crazy loud in the car without a back seat. I drove a few miles once without the backseat with a stock exhaust and it was nuts - I could hardly hear myself think. I can't imagine what it would be like with my new exhaust. Why don't you pull them out just at the track? The car will be a little heavier on the road, but it'll be quieter and more driveable. Anyway, the seat doesn't weigh that much, so IMO pulling it out wouldn't be worth the increased noise, etc.
If you want to take out your backseat...customize your interior so it looks better and also reduce the noise that your car makes

Jeff-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts