B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone here that would be interested in gettin a Group HID kit together? The Impreza folk did, so I think we could too. Kinda sucks since I bought those superwhite heads and fogs in sept, but I'd prefer the HID headlights.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
How much did they get the group buy for????
Just outta curiosity....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think somewhere in the 450 range?

·
Registered
376 Posts
The cheapest I've seen HID kits where for $700. Maybe in a group deal we could get them for $600.

------------------
2000 Heatwave SE,Auto,Performance Package
MODS Gas Cap Holder!,K&N Filter, PIAA Hyperwhites and fog, Rear deck upgrade,new antenna--lots more to come--

My Web Site

·
Registered
778 Posts
shouldnt hid kits be universal? i dunno. they look hella mean but would you really spend that much on something that little? what if somebody backs into your car? but it does prove to be a 'trip' factor, chicks dig it.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
95 Posts
HID

High Intensity Discharge

basically I don't know the low down on these, but it's a different type of bulbs that requires a gas kit and so that you have to mount. not just a simple bulb. They are standard equipment on cars like the Acura TL, CL, and most BMW. Basically expensive cars... just birghter and has a special glow in them, gets attention for sure.

G

·
Check out the FAQ's in www.xenonshop.com for more info. about HID lights.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
816 Posts
GUYS...check out www.groupbuycenter.com . They have a group buy going on for premodified Phillips/OSRAM REAL HID kits for $450. They have had like 3 or 4 group buys in the past and everyone seems happy with the purchases. However, I don't think they have 9007 bulbs cuz you can't get HID in dual filament (at least I don't think so). I'm sure that one of the other bulbs are the same shape as the 9007 but just has 1 filament.

Actually, I asked if he has anything will fit so as soon as I get a reply, I'll let you guys know.

G

·
I am almost certain that you lose the high beams. I guess that gives you all the more reason to convert your fogs over to HID too though! hehe.

------------------
MODS:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Good news to all of you looking for HID lights. The groupbuy center Group Buy has them for our cars. The cost is $450 including the bulb and OSRAM ballasts (same company used for BMW and other high end cars). So we don't need an specific B15 group buy. It's already out there...for a really good price too.

Personally, I don't think that $450 is worth it just for lights. But I guess it's cuz I live in the city and the streetlights are very bright so you don't really need those crazy bright headlights.

G

·
I think the only reason to get them is for the "cool" factor. I have to admit, read HID lights aren't ricey. They catch my eye all the time. There are a lot of BMW's and Audi's in my area that have them. If I had the flow, I'd certainly be down for a set.

------------------
MODS:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
loose my highbeams???????? I have alot of dark none lighted roads up here I'm not sure I could deal with that.....

But man I would love a set of real HID lighting.......

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
chino.... whats up with your stock front??? can i still get?

sorry im going off topic but the pm's arent working

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'll get new headlamps as soon as they figure out how to fit the Q45 headlamps on our Sentras. If you guys haven't heard, they are supposed to be the brightest lights ever put on a car.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
FOR SALE!
I want the new SE-R!

·
Registered
623 Posts
dood, i emailed u like 2/3 times... but u never responded. hehe, i'm on a business trip right now and wont be back to next late this month.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts