B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from The Glen. It's a really cool track,just ask chinoworld. Only saw 3 Sentra's the whole 1200 mile trip,all stock with old folks driving. Watkins is definatly a horsepower track. The only car up there in my class was a 91 CRX si with headers, full exhaust and suspension. I was able to pull him anywhere on track and stay with him in the corners. He was running the 712 Kumho's like i was. Everybody else had 911's vettes or cobra mustamgs. I could hang with some of them in the corners but once we got on the straights it was all over. I ain't never been passed so many times. The Sentra is great on track, plenty of power and handles pretty good, my instuctor drives a 911 and he was amazed at how well the car corners. Like i said I could hang with most of the high power cars through the corners but not the straights. if you ever get a chance to drive on track, take it!!! There is nothing else like it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turn 1 is the only place I had trouble, I let a vette pass kinda late & followed him in kinda hot & had to trail brake WAY late into the corner. The car is easy to drive sideways!! I would shift into 4th between 1&2 and stay flat out all the way through the esses and up to the chicane. Wish I had more power for coming out of the toe of the boot though.(turn 6). I swear the whole track is uphill except for the braking zones which seem to be all downhill. I don't know why people keep complaining about their brakes, mine work great. You can really go deep with minimal fade even after repeated high speed stops. Hope to see you at one of these events, for a list go to carguysinc.com I'll be at all of the tracks. later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts