B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago i noticed a few small rust spots on my hood. I had some touch up paint from the body shop from the previous two times i've been hit, so i touched them up. Then i realized that my car still has a warranty and i should've taken my car to the dealer........

Comments?

·
spaztastic
131 Posts
i dont know about your warranty but most only help if the rust is cancerous and has gone all the way through leaving a gapping hole. the dealership would have told you to piss off most likely, its bull**** but you know how it goes. did you apply the touchup without taking the surface rust off first?

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
Are you sure it was rust? Did you try a light compound and see if you could rub it out first?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm positive it was rust. I didn't do any sort of surface preparation before the touch up paint, i just applied it. It doesn't bother me too much to be honest, i know my car has horrible paint and i just live with it. I was just curious if the dealership would've helped me or not. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
yeah my hood already has a chip and rust on it :rolleyes: thats nissan for ya.. I also took apart my door panel today and compared to James i was ****ed up... the driver side black part that meets the silver with the switches came off and the bottom part just broke off it was glued on!!! his had screws holding it together wtf!?? we both baught them NEW

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
ViBlue-SE-R said:
i'm positive it was rust. I didn't do any sort of surface preparation before the touch up paint, i just applied it. It doesn't bother me too much to be honest, i know my car has horrible paint and i just live with it. I was just curious if the dealership would've helped me or not. :rolleyes:
Are the rust spots created by stone chips? Most likely the dealer will shift the blame on the owner and avoid taking any responsibility. :(
Go to the dealer and let them assess whether or not the rust spots occured on their own, or if they were caused by you. It's worth a try...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.