B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK
Last night the auto parts store talked me into buying a $50.00 K&N air filter for my 200 sx. It is not an open type it is just a replacement for the Nissan factory airbox filter. They promised I would get a HP gain and that it was the next best thing to an aftermarket kit.

I haven't tried it yet but now I'm thinking I just got taken. What is your opinion on these? Would I be just as well off with a $10.00 fram?

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Overpaid? My old drop in was $35 bucks and I STILL feel I overpaid! To quote Darkside on a different instance... "You'll get like 1 HP."

Well, if you got the K&N drop in, you might as well do the free air mod for now. Save up and get a CAI! Trust me, you won't regret it...

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yea, you definately got ripped. The open conical shaped filter should go for around 50, not just the drop in. No bother, do the open air mod and rip out your resonator. Then call up Hotshot or Place and order your CAI. After that ring up the boys at F-Max........

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys (2set), Nis-knacks clear corners, timing at 19 degrees, Hotshot header(installing this week)
aim Stea1th727

1 - 5 of 5 Posts