B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today when i turned on my car i got warm air coming out of my air vents. i made sure my heat is not on. this went on for like 20mins. then i tried to turn the AC on and it works fine, and when i turn the AC off the air is back to normal again

it was around 6pm in california, so the outside temperature is definitely not hot. the air felt like i left my car in the sun during noon time, and warm air comes out. but i only left my car for an hour since 5pm...

have you guys experience the same thing?

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
uh..im kinda confused by what youre saying but ill take a stab at it anyway. from what i understand, theres hot air blowing from the fans when you turn it on without pressing the AC button. uhm.. i believe that happens because the fans blow in the hot air from the engine bay and outside. when you pressed the ac button, the air gets cold and when you took off the ac button, warm air started coming from the vents again. if ive just stated what youve stated in your some what confusing post then yes, ive experienced that. plus you live in cali, isnt it hot there..so that explains the warm air from the vent when the ac button is not pressed on.

EDIT: was the fan on? if the fan wasnt on, then the solution to your problem should be turning the temperature knob all th eway to the left, toward the cold side.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i read my post again and it does sound confusing...sorri about that

u got part of it right. i have the fan on and temperature knob all the way to the left and hot air comes out. normally that happens when its hot outside and i have left my car in the sun for awhile, and it probably goes away in like 5-10 mins. but the strange thing is it was 6pm and definitely not hot. i had warm air coming out for 20mins, and i assume it'll be longer if i didn't turn the AC on. so i turned the AC on, cool air comes out just like its supposed to. turned AC off, and the fan went back to normal, meaning no more warm air.

lets try this again...sorri about the confusing first post

·
Registered
842 Posts
That's normal as far as I'm concerned. With the fan on and the AC compressor off, you are ALWAYS going to be getting air that is hotter than it is outside. So just shut the vents off and open the windows.
I also like to enable the switch that tells the AC to recirculate the cabin air. If you don't do this, even with the fan off, warm (in summer, or cold in winter) air will blow through the vents as you drive. I find it annoying when I am getting a nice cool breeze from the windows, but the air coming from the vents (even with the fan off) is warmer.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
^^ exactly, for some odd reason the air coming out of the center vents is always warmer than the side vents

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
i think that has to do with the center vents being right behind the engine, thats why warmer air gets passed thru those vents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts