B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you hate it when you get pollen and fine dirt on your car after you clean it (esp/black)??? And when you try to wipe it with a cotton cloth or something you just smear it around --- you know what I mean??? -- Well, I was cleaning up after a party today and I was using this new thing my mom has called "the swiffer." It has these little cloths that you put on it and wipe the floor and it is like a magnet for dust, hair, etc. Well I came up with the idea to try it on my car to see if it would get the enormous amount of pollen off and it works awesome!!!!! It even gets off the water spots. My car seriously looks like I just washed it and it was really bad!!! And there are no swirl marks since all the dirt sticks to it instead of just being pushed around~!!! Anyhow, just wanted to share that with ya'll. :)
Later,
Mike

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille
PICS - http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1587801&a=12376730&f=0&vt=vp

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You know I have done that a few times ,but if you look at your car you will see a semi-greesy film that those things leave behind. This collects even more dirt. It looks nice for a little bit, but that residue left behind i imagine is not good for the paint.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on and CAI is comming soon.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dude,

are you cleaning the exterior or the Interior?
I use those pads for the interior, but I think they're too rough on the exterior paint. I might scratch up the paint (fine scratches on the outter layer of paint... kinda like taking a big brush and wash your car)
The outside, I stick with my peanut sponge.

Swiffer in the inside is amazing... takes the dust out like magnets... the best part is cleaning that shift boot (sometimes you get cookie crumbs and stuff in that...)
Then I use Armorall to go over it to give it a semi shine without the damn dust sticking to it.

Just remember to use it dry... when it is wet, it's useless when it's wet

------------------
Jay
1997 Honda Prelude Type S
Getting a Sentra SE Sport soon! 2 more months

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
I discovered those about 6 months ago. I use them on the interior to pick up dust and dirt from everything. I wouldn't use it on the exterior though, they feel abrasive.

Perhaps a soft terry (sp?) cloth would be a better alternative?

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
104 Posts
What I use on the outside when there is dust or pollen is my California Car Duster. It lifts dust and pollen with effeciency! I thought it wasn't going to work, but wow, does it work and it doesn't scratch it just lifts! :)

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
816 Posts
Here's a second vote for the California Car duster. I use it every day (sometimes twice a day) in the spring time to get all that nasty pollen off. I also keep a bottle of Meguire's Quik Detailer for the occasional bouts with bird crap.

Gotta keep the sentra clean :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RadiumJohn:
Here's a second vote for the California Car duster. I use it every day (sometimes twice a day) in the spring time to get all that nasty pollen off. I also keep a bottle of Meguire's Quik Detailer for the occasional bouts with bird crap.

Gotta keep the sentra clean :)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most definitely! Where did you get a bottle of that Quik stuff? I have a hard time finding all of Meguiar's stuff, even at all the auto shops around here.

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
"Hey guys, drive safe and no accidents!"

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey guys, where can I find a California Car Duster? How does it work? How much is it?

------------------
2001 SE 5-spd. w/PP Granite

Minor cosmetic mods....
HID-look headlamps & hyperwhite fogs. Autozone rubber antenna, blue aluminum valve stem caps. (not much...but it's a start!)
Lots of mods planned...waiting for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just got the small califoria duster and quite a few things of Meguiars from Wal-Mart guys :)

Marvin..saw the quik stuff there also...

·
Registered
816 Posts
I picked both things up at a local Kmart here in the Boston area. (the california Duster and the Meguire's Quik Detailer). I'm telling you, the Quik Detailer is a must if you ever had bird crap on your car. The bird crap is very acidic and will ruin your paint. The Meguire's neutralizes the acid and then you can just wipe the crap off. It's only like $3-4 for a bottle and it should last a long time.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
swiffers are great for the interior. i keep one in my door and a detailer's brush in the glove box.

speaking of california, the california water balde is great to use for drying. also found at pep boys with the duster.

moving to cosmetic :D

------------------
the moderator formerly known as 2000SE
MY SITE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.