B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Sentra XE, factory cd player and dealer option 6 stack in trunk, i have replaced all stock speakers with new Alpines so it sounds much better, but i really want to hook up a subwoofer and amp that i have from my old car.

since the stock deck does not have RCA outs how can i do this? can i run wires from the rear speakers to the speaker level inputs on my amp? or do i have to bypass the rear speakers altogether?

also, in the future i would like to replace the factory deck with a better one Sony mobile ES, or a Fancy Alpine or something, anyhow since the factory deck is so huge how do i fit a new one in that place?

QG18DE

·
Registered
150 Posts
yeah you can tap the rear speaks for the level inputs...there is an installation kit maufactured for our car for the deck...sentra styling has it..it is phat too.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If your amp has high-level inputs, it'll work. Your woofer may not sound as good as with RCA's, but it'll work while you wait to get that new headunit.

As for the size, if you search in the audio forums, Sentra Styling had posted pics a while back with the installation kit (as mentioned by qg18de). Just do a search on the board and you'll find them...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts

Tada imagine that the picture came back:D
But seriously this is the installation kit and I bought it from http://www.jltroy.com and they have wiring harnesses as well,,,To let you know they have color matched installation kits availible to match whichever color interior you have....But I don't think you can order the installation kit or the wiring harness online,I do believe you have to call.....

·
Registered
605 Posts
In order to use the stock radio with an aftermarket amp, you will need a Hi-Lo converter (i think). It cost me $25 when I got my radio installed.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
azninvazion said:
In order to use the stock radio with an aftermarket amp, you will need a Hi-Lo converter (i think). It cost me $25 when I got my radio installed.
it probably the same thing.... but yah.... you can use an RCA converter... it takes your wires and converts them into RCA outputs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts