B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all will you need to do a VQ swap? I know youll need the motor (of course) and ECU. There has to be more but I'm not sure what the ''more'' is. Can someone please help me?

·
Informed Lurker
2,453 Posts
^^no kit offered anymore, i think trav only does this himself, as it gives people wiring nightmares.

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
There's a ton of mixing/matching to get the right parts necessary.. and then there's the wiring/electronics aspect. Honestly, if you don't know how to build circuit boards, write code, and have a firm grasp of Nissan fuel injection, transponder keys/immobilizer units, and fabrication skills, then, you should probably let us handle your swap. ;)

For more info/pricing, check out www.myspecv.com . There's an engine swap section with pricing, and tons of info.

Travis

·
5,575 Posts
Chaos557 said:
hey Trav the only thing about letting you do the motor swap is that I live in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. lol
I'd venture a guess and say that the extra cost involved with getting the car to him, flying back home, flying to pick it up and then driving home would still be less than the cost of trying to do it yourself or trusting another shop that has never done it.

You gotta pay to play, and if you can't afford the extra $600-1k it would take, you probably shouldn't be doing an engine swap in the first place....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just thinking about buying a cheap maxima or altima, because i was thinking that i could just use the motor, ecu, motor mounts, and anything else that would fit. but im not sure if that all will fit. any help?

·
5,575 Posts
Chaos557 said:
I was just thinking about buying a cheap maxima or altima, because i was thinking that i could just use the motor, ecu, motor mounts, and anything else that would fit. but im not sure if that all will fit. any help?
Like Travis himself said in this very thread, it's not that simple.

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
simply drop the car off, and pick it up when it's finished. No need to buy anything on your own. Our prices include everything.

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
TN isn't that far :rolleyes: ; rent a wreck for the drive home. (don't forget the scrimps)

·
Registered
434 Posts
sentracruiser02 said:
Pointless. For the cost you might as well buy another car. Or just buy a car that came with the VQ.
Is it pointless b/c he wants to swap the 1.8 for the VQ? Yet here are people with the QR wanting to swap for the VQ.... so you're saying the VQ swap is practically pointless? :confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts