B15 Sentra Forum banner

Vomit Story and Help

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  ShippouKitsune 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

So here's a story for ya'll. After a great party last night, I offered some coworkers of mine a ride back to their vehicle. One of them was beyond trashed (open bar what do you expect). Well make a long story short, motion of car + girl drunk on merlot = red splotches in my car. One thing I have to note, if you are ever gonna puke, don't cover your mouth expecting the projectile to stay in, cause it won't...it just makes it worse...somehow she ended up vomiting behind herself.

Now here's the serious part of this post. Does any of you have any ideas on how to clean all this up? I've had some success with resolve and car shampoo (at the car wash places), but the smell is still floating in there. I am less worried about the stains (cause they are not in a noticiable area i.e. harder to wipe) as the scent of my dear friend's stomach.

Thanks in advance,

Jose

#5 ·
97gxeFL said:
buy some oxyclean or febreez, charge her a bj for the troubles, and be on your way.
lol, charge her a BJ, thats funny. hehe

but anyway back to the topic, he's right. just take some oxyclean it really works, my friend uses it all the time. and buy a BIG bottle of febreez cause that stuff is a life saver. it really gets the smell out and leave a nice clean scent. heh

#7 ·
Resolve and Febreze are only odor maskers. What you need is a heavy duty odor remover - like what is used to remove stuff like cat urine from carpet. You have to remember that the odor is not just on the fabric of the seat - but soaked through into the stuffing and such.

Seeing as I have cats I have a LOT of experience removing urine odor from carpet and this needs a similar treatment. A Steam cleaner with an enzymatic cleaner may be much better at this. Try using some stuff called "Anti-Icky-Poo" Yeah it sounds silly but the guy who invented it spent years developing it. The steam cleaner will help deep clean the seat.

You can get Anti-Icky Poo at:

http://www.mistermax.com/index.html

You're gonna be better off with anything made for removing waste odors than something made to mask odors.

DISCLAIMER - I have not tried this stuff on car seats, only carpets and couches in my home.

It seems like it would be best for it though...

Most folks forget - odors in seats are not just on the surface - they are usually soaked into the cushion and as such need different treatment

--*Rob

#8 ·
Some idiot puked in the back of my buddy's SE-R....and he had only had the car for about a month! I woulda freakin killed that mofo...but my buddy just cleaned the crap up and forgave the guy. If that was MY car...I would have made the punk clean up his own damn mess!

#9 ·
I use Tuff Stuff foam cleaner in my car. I don't know if cleans very deep, but its worth a try. Available at Wal-Mart. Careful with OxyClean, it can take color out of some surfaces.

#11 ·
that reminds me of this one time that one of my friends got drunk and i had to take him home. it was about a 15 minute drive and he started up on a nosebleed too..great..we stuffed him with tissue. i didnt want him puking in my car, so to make himself "feel better" he stuck his head out the window for the whole drive home. i can still see that tissue flapping in the wind......lol. saved my seats tho.

#15 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. Most of it has been taken care off...still catch a whiff of the scent at times (or maybe i'm just going paranoid). I keep checking around to see if i missed a spot somewhere and i'm sure I look pretty funny sniffing around my car seats.

AutoX N'V yea I was thinking the same thing. Eh, sux sux sux, but ***** happens.

Additional Mods: Family Size Febreze bottle (I wonder if I could do a fire extinquisher mount with that).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.