B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my passenger side visor has been hanging kind of limp (it's not that bad but hey it might get worse right)and when I asked someone about the gas cap holder that I thought was supposed to come on the car, he said they all didn't have that...ok then why do we have our little spaghetti straps with nowhere to put them? LOL well it's pretty cheap to get the little holder put on isn't it? and my visor should be covered by warranty I believe...they said you couldn't tighten the screws or anything it had to be replaced...hmm Also, I have 1 paint chip in the hood that I noticed...should I ask them about touching that up? or will they do anything for that 1 chip (without me having to buy the touch up stuff myself right now)and I wasn't sure if that stuff was any good anyway...I think that's all my questions for now...thanks to any comments on it... :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey SentraGirl,

I haven't had any visor problems yet, but
they should repair that under warranty.

I don't think they'll do the paint chip
repair for free, and even if they did, you'd
still be able to see it. You're better off
trying to hide it with touchup paint yourself, or leave it be. The only way to
get rid of it completely is to have a large
section of the hood, or the entire hood, repainted. Soft, thin, paint sucks! :(

I did just order the gas cap holder from
my local dealer. They actually had to order
the part for the Maxima, because they said
it didn't show up in the diagrams for the Sentra,or the Altima.

It cost me $1.10, and you should be able to
install it yourself. It just snaps in place.

Good luck!

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof.

PR CAI (in da mail), Kenwood KFC-1738Cs (in da back), gas cap holder (on da side)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I asked the dealer about what they could do about the paint chip on my car and they said that they couldn't do anything about it, except recommend getting the touch up paint and fixing it myself. They said to expect more of them as I continue to drive (and it's true, got a few more) but I just let it be and dealt with it. oh well.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
The gas cap holders, as well as the cargo nets, are not included on the 2001's. They only came standard equipment on the initial 2000's.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hmm, my SE was built in 7/00 and we got the cargo net but not the gas cap holder. Thanks for posting the part number, gonna have to stop by the dealer now.

------------------
'97 VW Golf Trek - modded
'00 Sentra SE - PP, PIAAs, Tint

·
Registered
95 Posts
gee, I never even knew about the gas cap holder, I alwasy found it a hassle, cuz I'm always looking for it (also have an accord), and I'm just like, oh ya, it's the sentra. AS IF it didn't come with one, that's SO CHEAP!

·
Registered
259 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2K SE:
The gas cap holders, as well as the cargo nets, are not included on the 2001's. They only came standard equipment on the initial 2000's.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not to our or nissan's knowledge. none, according to sara at nissan usa had a gas cap holder. we just used the part # from the alty and bought it or snagged it off the altima like *SOME* people we all know. :D (not me)

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I think the assembly line workers had too much tequila. :)

My 2000 was built in June, and came with both from the factory.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
95 Posts
SentraGirl, if you want to get rid of those paint chips on the hood, you might wanna consider getting a hood deflector. I got the "Formfit" brand, which I heard is suppose to be one of the best, and I got mine installed at a local shop for $80 canadian + tax, so it came to $92CDN. Everyone that saw it so far said it looks nice, and it'll save a few chips for sure. I'm sure you can order at a local shop, or even big retailers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts