B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to the track on Fri. and made a few passes with the new HS header. And While I can teel my car is way faster, I was unable to lay down the numbers I know the car is capable of. It's beyond me. On the street it feels like a little terror. But when I'm on the track It just doesn't pull like it does on the street. I have tried various suspension setups and tire pressures and can not duplicate my fastest time of 16.1. I think the timing may be off and I want to replace the spark plug wires! I also want to re-install the OEM pulley and have the timing checked! Since my 16.1 pass I have been to the track twice and the fastest pass on the first trip was a 16.4, I ran 16.4's all night. Now the fastest pass on Friday was a 16.6 and I only ran that twice, the rest of the passes were 16.7. WTF is going on, since I added the AGX's I have not been able to run good #'s. and I have tried all possible shock setups. I plan on changing the wires and having the timing checked and getting back to the strip within the next 2 weeks. So hopefully I'll figure this out. It just doesn't make sense. I can destroy some cars on the street, but when I get to the track I can't lay down the numbers! The worst part is that I have good 60 ft' times! 2.2 and 2.3 all the time! So I am getting off the line nicely! But it just doesn't seem to want to pull as hard. Well I'll continue to get this resolved and I'll keep you all posted!

late,
wes
www.wes.nissanpower.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Man Wes...I am no pro in mechanics, but that just has me baffled too. Sorry to hear that. I know it comes as slap in the face to you trying to put some good numbers on the clock. I think it was the track! hehe...well, you are on top of it man. Let us know what happens.

------------------
Eugene (AKAFA1C)
93 Sentra SE 1.6
Under 90 DAYS TIL FLORIDA!!!
www.akafa1c.nissanpower.com

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Believe me AK that thought crossed through my mind! And if anyone has any suggestions feel free to post them! I'm not ruling out anything!

late,
wes
www.wes.nissanpower.com

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Haro that crossed my mind. It's suspect at 2.5" however it's not mandrel bent! It isn;t a crappy crush bend job, it's pretty smooth, but there is a reduction in the 2.5" diameter over the rear beam axle! I am going to probably spray though, so the larger diameter will benefit me then, and I had the 2.5" piping when I ran the 16.1. Any thoughts?

late,
wes

·
Registered
3 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I am going to probably spray though<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wes...on the funny gas? Nah...I didn't hear that...hmmm...don't lose the faith man...troubleshoot and run under 16 1st.

------------------
Eugene (AKAFA1C)
93 Sentra SE 1.6
Under 90 DAYS TIL FLORIDA!!!
www.akafa1c.nissanpower.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wes:
Yes Haro that crossed my mind. It's suspect at 2.5" however it's not mandrel bent! It isn;t a crappy crush bend job, it's pretty smooth, but there is a reduction in the 2.5" diameter over the rear beam axle! I am going to probably spray though, so the larger diameter will benefit me then, and I had the 2.5" piping when I ran the 16.1. Any thoughts?

late,
wes
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My one thought was that the Header, in combination with the larger pipe, may have killed your bottom end. When you had the stock manifold with the big pipes, you were getting better times (due to the restriction the stock manifold with resonator gave you) . It was just a thought, maybe Mike Kojima could give you some help on this one.

As for the KYB thing, I dunno, that's weird. Did you do any other mods at all when you put the KYB's in (air-filters, timing, ECU reset, Big-*** subwoofer, etc.)?

Your so damn close to getting into the 15's, I wonder what the problem is?

------------------
1998 Sentra E

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to worry AK. I will run a 15 something before the N2O goes in. And as for mods. I added the KYB AGX's, UR pulley, Energy Control Arm Bushings, and F & R STB's in between the 16.1 and the 16.4 visits. I also did a tune up with new plugs, cap and rotor, fuel filter. However the wires are still stock at 60K, I thought they might be suspect! So I am picking up some new OEM ones tonight! I am also going to check the Spark Plug gap, when I took out the old plugs they were pretty worn and were gapped out a little! ANd I too thought about the combo. of the new Header with the 2.5 piping. I might see what size piping I will need for N2O and then have it made on a mandrel bender! Again the worst part is on the street it's way faster! I can feel the difference, maybe it's just cause I spent $600, but it feels faster and I have beat cars that I couldn't beat before! There are just so many variables it's hard to narrow it down!

late,
wes
www.wes.nissanpower.com

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hmm, did you try reseting your ECU after the header install. Maybe it was still learning it, although you should be faster with the header. How do the weather conditions compare when you ran. That could be a factor. I've also got a 2.5" exhaust which is necissary for squeezing. I dunno what else to say.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys (2set), Nis-knacks clear corners, timing at 19 degrees, Hotshot header(installing this week)
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
3 Posts
The weather and the fuel could be a good possible. What time of the year did you run your 16.4? And when did you run the 16.1? If you ran the 16.1 around the summer time and ran the 16.4 around the late fall into the winter fuel could be your answer. The oil companys do add other additives to prolong the life of fuel in the winter time. Thses additives aren't good for performance and mileage.

I also have a 2.5" exhaust w/ 2nd gen Hotshot header and JWT ECU (+ other mods to the motor). I have noticed some days the car is noticeably faster then other days. I think the car is much more sensitive to the weather then when it was stock.

These two factors combined could worsen ET times. But then again I could be wrong. Later on this month I will be running my car the track and I will tell you guys how my car does. And I will make a detail description of the weather, track conditions, and the setup of the car. And obviously the times that my car does. Then we can compare and maybe help each other get better ET times... I wish you the best of luck...

------------------
Later...
Raph
'92 Sentra SE

WASH ME!!!

Engine: LOTS OF MODS... Suspen: AGAIN LOTS OF MODS... Brakes: Yes, EVEN MORE MODS... As my friend said to me once, "This car rides on RAILS!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts