B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2003 SE-R Spec V
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't hold out any longer for Vis Racing to make the Fuzion style carbon fiber hood for the B15, so I ordered the OEM style hood yesterday. I would still like to see what a B15 would look like with the Fuzion style hood. For those who haven't seen it, here's a link.
http://www.visracing.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=1804

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
that is actually a copy of the "scoot" hood for the FD (93-95) Rx7

if i wasnt at work id post a link to how hot it looks on the rx7.... but than again what doesnt look hot on an rx7? (except for blown rotors)

a funny joke amongst the rx7 guys, but sadly the truth, is these ricey scooped/vented hoods, are actually a reliability mod... somtimes dropping underhoood temps up to 25 degrees... which means a lot in the wonderful world of rotarys and popping coolant and apex seals.

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
st0k3d said:
that is actually a copy of the "scoot" hood for the FD (93-95) Rx7
Yea I was going so mention that.

IMO I don't like that hood on any car but the FD. Its cool for engines that aren't mounted transversely like ours and are a V configuration. The reason is because I bet thosescoops on the sides are functional.

It'll look pretty dumb on a sentra though.

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
^i agree..it just had too many scoops or whatever those things are. damn that g35 looks hideous. imagine the sentra- it would look like freddi kruger(sp?)

·
Registered
107 Posts
gross :(

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
sorry, don't like that hood on anything other than a FD. Going w/ the OEM style was a good choice.

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
Looks sorta Ferrari 550 Maranello'ish
Would look out of place on a sentra..

·
Nissan RICE Division
810 Posts
I posted a thread about this way back in January when VIS got this style hood in for a 350z. They asked me to get opinions on it to see if it was worth producing so I did. I posted here and on the Vboard.

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76325&highlight=vis+fusion+hood

Although not many people participated in the poll ( :rolleyes: how hard is it to point and click) the majority of responses I got were negative. Actually I think all the responses I got were negative. Thus the hood was never made...

BTW - just curious, but how much did the OEM hood cost you?

·
Tired...New Father
1,693 Posts
I'll agree with whom ever posted that the OEM best suited their taste. Less is more for me. And I still don't think it the best idea to have an open hood (ie the invader, etc) exposing the alt., exhaust mani, etc... to rain and other elements at least on a DD. Yes I know there will still be exposure from spashes under the car but direct exposure dosen't seem to be the way for me. :)

This style is just way to much IMHO. :cool:

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
yeah i'm not a fan of that hood at all
i like my ricey evo hood though :D

·
Course Deviation Driving
443 Posts
**EDIT**
Because Shannon said no! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts