B15 Sentra Forum banner

ViS Carbon Fiber hood install help :(

1K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  BodeB15 
#1 ·
ok, so i'm definitely not the most mechanically inclined person in the world. so, i'm having trouble getting all the washer hose clips removed and especially the washer nozzles that are attached to the top of the hood on my stock hood. i see the bolts that need to come off, i just can't seem to find an easy way to remove those clips. i've been pulling and yanking for about an hour now with only two clips removed....any suggestions? i want to get this carbon fiber hood on asap! thanks!

#2 ·
use some pliers, I dunno tryn anything you can

#10 ·
Hey had the same problems. For the squirters you need needlenose pliers to get at the tabs inside it takes a while but they will come out. Try not to crush them. As for the tabs to hold the the lines meh don't bother. I got these fuelline things from NAPA with a rubber coating and used them instead.

#11 ·
candyman, it will look awesome on the sunburst, one question where did you get it your hood from and how much?

#12 ·
How cool is it , to see a person (u12bnextsentra ) from the company Powertech Imports , show up and try and help a customer out . Even if , he didn't buy the hood through Powertech Imports . You rock Powertech Imports . :)

P.S. - Did I say the company's name enough for a free CF hood ? :D J/K

#13 ·
YAY, CF HOOD! YAY, CF HOOD...POWERTECH IMPORTS...YAY....POWERTECH IMPORTS...YAY...

see thats how you gotta do it Bode...Shameless

#14 ·
everything is back on now. just one minor problem. when the hood is all the way down and latched it still rocks a little if you tug at it. is that something that hood pins will take care of or did i f00k something up?

on a side note, the hood does look sick on the sunburst color. i'll post pics asap. thanks for all the help guys. :)

#16 ·
The Candyman said:
everything is back on now. just one minor problem. when the hood is all the way down and latched it still rocks a little if you tug at it. is that something that hood pins will take care of or did i f00k something up?

on a side note, the hood does look sick on the sunburst color. i'll post pics asap. thanks for all the help guys. :)
yeah the hood pins will tuck them on thats why they say to better have hood pins on it.

yeah ive seen a sunburst on the street with a c/f hood it looked bad ***, it made it look way better, I dont like all that yellow...
post some pix

#18 ·
BodeB15 said:
Candyman , who the heck are you ? I might've seen your Spec-V before , maybe at the Brunswick car-show on Saturdays ?
'fraid that's not me. i do only live about 15 minutes from brunswick, though. but, i haven't taken my car to any shows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.