B15 Sentra Forum banner

Vibration pass 70 mph ... help...

6K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  tsuru_ser 
#1 ·
hey guys, i have 02 spec v and pass 70mph i am feeling vibration on my steering wheel and i know it comes from the front... back had no vibration at all.. i thought that i had bad tires and wheels but i have new rims and new tires on them all balanced but still have this annoying vibration..:( any suggections what could it be?? had anyone had same problem?

thanks in advance

#4 ·
when places balance tires they only go up to like 45 miles an hour so they may be balanced at 45 but not 70, the higher the speed the more precisely they have to be balanced because there is more outward force on the wheels when going faster. another thing to consider is some tires are very hard to balance just because of cheap quality control but what i have found is that after a couple thousand miles they will kinda balance themselves by wearing down.

#7 ·
i got myself a Nitto gens, i noticed that they are heavier than my old tiers. and i live in south NJ, its not that cold here.. its just that i travel to school on highway allot and it really gets annoying.. i did switch my front wheels to back and vise versa and still have shaking .. its mainly noticeable between 70-79mph... can the shops balance the wheels for 70mph??

thanks everyone for your help

#12 ·
I'm having the same problem, around 65mph. Checked my tires, and i'm getting that 'cupping' tread wear pattern, which points towards bad shocks or worse.

Drive it around for a while, measure your wear patterns.

#13 · (Edited)
X2...... If you are on aftermarket wheels, make sure the round part of the hub sits flush with the inside of the wheel. our hub diameter is 66.1mm, if the wheels opening is any bigger, you need hub centric rings. The main reason is, when your tires are balanced, 99% of the time the wheels are attatched to the balancer hub-centricly, so when you attatch them to your car lug centricly, you throw the balance off.

#15 ·
Just so you know, vibrations from the rear can EASILY be transmitted through your steeringwheel as well, bro. It is a uni-body construction, made of structural steel. Harmonic vibrations in one area will carry into other sections, like your steeringwheel because it'll act like a tuning fork.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.