B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I was backing out of my drive way which has a drain culvert at the end of it. As I crossed over the drain and turned my wheels I heard a pop under my right front.
So I'm going to work now and once I get up to 60 my steering wheel is shaking violently and the car wants to pull off the to right. So I take it in to my dealer since it is still under warranty to have them check out the problem and see what is up.
So they have had the car since Mon July 26 since that was the day before I was leaving on vacation so I left it there.
I call this morning to find out what was wrong with my car and The service rep tells me that all four of my tires are bent severly and that my right A arm is pushed back over an inch. HE said that my warped tires and bent a arm are due to me driving my car off road. And the wheels he said were so bent that it was making the car shake but teh problem with that is my car has never shaken until that day and for some reason I don't think that they just magically bent all at the same time last monday morning.
And the rep said that since the damage was done by me driving the car off road that the a arm will not be fixed under warranty and that I need to buy 4 stock rims at 600 dollars apeice. Or call my insurance and have them come out and look at it.

does anyone have Nissan corporate phone number where i can call and tell them what is going on.
Thank you

·
Vibrant Blue Army
1,637 Posts
uh..why dont you go out to the dealership and have a look...if you are not satisfied with the service..go to another one...

*i had bent rims also and i was told that it is not covered under warranty...

dont get pissed or start having hissy fits...act professional and deal with it in such a manner...be persistent above all, and dont get pushed around...

to have all 4 rims bent is ridiculous...perhaps you should deal with nissan 1800 number...
call that and see what happens...

if it comes down to it...check the classifieds for people selling rims here or go aftermarket..it will be way cheaper...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well i just called Nissan and they said that whatever the dealer finds out is the way that it stands. So it sounds like I will be paying for this myself. The only thing is i won't pay for new rims because there is nothing wrong with the ones on my car. They can look at the tire tread and see if they are bent because it would wear away the tread oddly due to the tire not riding on teh proper contact patch.

Soupbone. - I will deal with this in a professional manner since most places don't take kindly to fits. And If i had another vehicle or a way to get to my car I would check it out. The main problem is A arm because my car has never shaken before and 4 bent rims all at the same time backing out of my drive way is absurd.

·
Vibrant Blue Army
1,637 Posts
go to the dealer and have a look...insist they put the car on the rack and show you the damage...

* our rims our aluminum alloy and the DO bend quite easily regardless of where you drive it...

bent rims arent necessarily good to drive on...check the classifieds..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will definately take a trip in when I can get a ride so I can check it out myself though.
But either way it goes I will have to get this fixed since it is my only means of transportation. Just aggravates me that they say my car has been off road when they can just look at how clean and un damaged the rest of the car is and see that it's not.
Well I will keep everyone posted of how this turns out.
And thanks in advance to any help

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
wow 4 bent rims and a messed up control arm. your car would have rode like crap if your car was like this. I had two bent rims one side of my 200sx due to a pot hole and the car was almost undrivable. I would go into the service dept and have them show you the damage. I also make a point of taking a pic of my odometer since I have seen what goes on with other peoples vehicles once they are dropped off.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This is true, I was in car sales for about 2 years at a Ford dealership, and I would always see this certian service rep taking customers cars home!!! Not just over night..no no no. ALL WEEKEND!! I saw him one Saturday night at local resturant in a customers car, and I asked him if the owner of the dealership knew he had his relatives car! Man, you should of seen his face! Later that week I did tell him(the rep) I was joking. But after that he never took a car home! Just his own.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I know our cars don't have the best reliability, but 4 bent rims and a bent control arm really don't sound like factory defects. Maybe they are lying about the rims because they don't want to fix the control arm. But why would they care...it still money in the dealers pocket courtesy of Nissan.

If something mechanical breaks...you can argue that it was defective. If something structural is bent/snapped, it's hard to argue that the car didn't hit a big-azz bump.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never had my car on anything except pavement and the only thing that has ever happened to my car was hitting a pot hole about 6 months ago that cut my tire. So Maybe the one rim is bent but not all 4 and it may have done something to the A arm but I would have noiced the car shaking like it is now when it happened.

But I do have 33" tires on my car with a 18" lift kit and a 4 wheel drive conversion but i nvever take it off roading

My insurance company is out looking at it right now so I will see what they say and no matter how it goes down it will have to be fixed either out of my pocket or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts