B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me preface by saying the I like these doors and think they look kinda neat on cars. So please don't comment if you don't like this style of door or if it's not for you....for each his own.

My question is does anyone have any experience with these for the sentra. Best company to buy from? Difficulty of install? Do they leak? Do the rattle?

What's the deal?

·
You Primitive Screwheads
656 Posts
They are very expensive, very heavy, and very detail oriented to install. From what I have read it used to cost almost 10K bucks to get them and have them put in. That was a few years ago though. It still cost plenty and really isnt worth the money IMO

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd only do it to the first two doors, not the rears, but I see conversion bolt on kits out there for a grand or two. I'd just like to know who has actually used these and what's the deal with leakingl, rattling and installing.

I know for a custom job they're like 10K to do like agentbook said, but that's a whole process with cutting, maybe a new door design, etc. It can't be all that expensive, there' just way to may imports at car shows, non sponsored, that I see with these door.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
once again...............it's a 4 door car...................it would look retarded doing only 2 doors on a 4 door. I've seen it on civics....looks retarded.
eh, whatever you wanna burn your money on, go for it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
www.wasteofmoney.com

or maybe

www.itsa4doorgrocerygetter.com

There isnt a B15 SPECIFIC kit out for lambo doors. My guess is because umm....its a 4 door car..most companies wont make the for 4 doors because it wont yeild a profit since hardly any 4 door owners do this, simply because show jdges will probably take away points...lol. Anyways, its all going to have to be custom. try and find one maybe for a 200SX, it might be closer than some stupid honduh stuff. But instead maybe give me the money and i can put my car in the low 11s..lol

·
Registered
631 Posts
chimmike said:
omfg.... LMFAO ROFL!!!!! HAHAHAHA
what's sad is that the first link actually works lol

·
Spec V Out - Legacy In!
1,099 Posts
You have to worry about the door sagging over time. I thought I saw a post on here at one time that some did the lambo doors to their car. Even posted pictures...wonder if I can dig it up.

I see you are from Baltimore MD too....check out www.xpp-racing.com The owner has these doors on his 3000GT and he has also done others. He might be able to find you a kit and do the install too. Tell him Mike from PI with the silver Spec V sent you. He will take care of you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A friend of mine has these style doors on a 2001 Toyota Celica. They caused his door to shift positions many times messing up his side skirts on his wings west kit as well as stupid people touching them that dont know how they work and bending the brackets. They cost him about 2k and he now knows they are not worth the money. If you want em go ahead but be ready for many many many hours of screwing with them throughout the life of your car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
i was just curious i kno this is a "anti-rice" site but how come you can turbo charge a grocery getter and try to make it run 12's like a sports cars but we cant try n make it look like one?? :confused:

·
Registered
265 Posts

That is the uglyest thing ever omg it makes me sick to see it on a 4 door sedan car leave your doors alone and waste that money on something BETTER

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
chimmike said:
lamborghini doors don't make a nissan look like a sports car, they make a 4 door look ridiculous.
i dunno i think for a 4 door car if ur gonna do somethin to the doors it should be suicide in the back but mehh, i dunnooo i didnt mean actually look like a sports car... lemme try "immitate"? i get wut ur sayin tho, well his car his money his choice

·
Fast **** box
2,005 Posts
It's not really that hard, the only area that could give you problems is if you have to roll the front fender to allow the full motion of the hinge. You need three people to really install these well and level. Two guys to hold the door level and one guy wrenching it down. That is assuming you can get a vehicle specific kit for a b15. Please if you do this do it well, suicide your back doors.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts