B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, yeah another cell phone question...

I really only want the people who are or were with Verizon to answer, or if you know someone who has Verizon

My current contract with Cingular expires in three weeks, so I'm 95% sure I'm going to go with Verizon, since I've heard nothing but good things about them. But a couple things I still would like answered

How is their customer service? I haven't heard anything about that, and I'm sure everyone likes a good, helpful customer service rep helping you out with a problem.

Any MAJOR compliants about them? ie. any problems with them in general would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
make sure you pick the right contract, because I heard they won't let you change it.

I have a GSM phone with cingular, and i have great service around here.

Both companies are great, but if you forsee switching your plan due to a new job or whatever, make sure you get a plan higher than you think you will need.

·
I want a crabcake :(
71 Posts
I hate verizon. Service isnt always the best, like lots of poor reception, in major areas too. And the customer service at the 3 Verizon stores I've gone to has majorly sucked.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have Cingular wireless (which I'm happy with), but we have Verizon DSL and my parent's have Verizon Wireless. According to them, the service is excellent and they've never encountered any problems. You should be fine with them!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
verizon customer service was always good. i used them for 2 years and i was always connected in less than 2 minutes with a rep. problems were always fixed and they were very polite on the phone.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have been working for Verizon Wireless for the last 4 1/2 years. I started out in customer service and can tell you that the company is very customer service oriented, in fact it is practically a company mantra. As far as plans or contracts go, you do have the ability to change it at any time, just keep in mind it will extend the length of your origional term. As far as service/coverage is concerned I do feel we offer the best coverage you can find, especially in the North East. But you are always going to have an area here or there that will have poor coverage or no service, it's just a reallity of the technology, and if any wireless provider tries to tell you otherwise they are full of crap. I now work in the Network Repair end of things which monitors service affecting issues and fixes them or communicates problems to the various groups in the field throughout the country and coverage regions to correct anything we cannot fix remotely. Remeber no mater who you go with make sure they have a 15 or 30 day no questions asked return policy. Verizon Wireless does offer this to you as a cutomer, that way you can use the phone as you normally would for the specified length of time (I can't remember if it's 15 or 30 days) and if you are not satisfied with it for any reason you can just return it, no problem.

·
Registered
806 Posts
My thoughts on Verizon (had their service when it was still PrimeCo)

Customer Service=Good
Reception=Very bad
Plan Choices, Prices=Average, nothing special at all

Would I recommend them? No, they claim the largest network, and that may be....but in about 1/3 of Houston I can't even use my phone. And I've gotten 3 new phones (that's what Verizon was saying the problem was).

Just my $.02

·
Registered
555 Posts
TheRealFatabbot said:
My thoughts on Verizon (had their service when it was still PrimeCo)
That's the problem right there, PrimeCo, it wasn't good back then and we are still trying to fix it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yep, VZW inherited PrimeCos outdated, unkept network, and has spent MILLIONS getting to where it is today, however, that still leaves a LOT of room for improvment.

In my experience, it works great around here, and as I used to work there, I dont have to deal much with Cust svc, just call one of my friends, get **** done, get going.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Mad Daddy said:
That's the problem right there, PrimeCo, it wasn't good back then and we are still trying to fix it.
Well, I've traveled around the U.S. and I have the same reception problem. I spent 4 weeks in Detroit on business and had to take the elevator to the top floor of a building just to make a call. That gets old when you're trying to stay in touch with your wife.... Have problems making calls in Vegas, Boston, New Orleans and Oklahoma....

·
f0rum z0mbie
781 Posts
I have had Verizon for about 2 years and I have yet to have a problem. Customer service ROCKS, and it is VERY rare if a call gets dropped. Correct me if I'm wrong Mad Daddy, but I'm in Denver and didn't Verizon take over like 3 different services here? I think that might be why it's such a good service in my area since they got 3 company's towers to use. That's just my uneducated logic though. ;)

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
DO NOT GET IT! its service are sucks,when iam talking on my phone it always cuts off it sux,i htink im going t-mobile in november

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
ZixxSpeed said:
DO NOT GET IT! its service are sucks,when iam talking on my phone it always cuts off it sux,i htink im going t-mobile in november
i guess it depends on where you get it. i mean i've had verizon for 5 years, and i've never had a problem with their service. i've had problems with the phones after i dropped them a few dozen times, but none with the service. my phone always worked in the marta trains in atlanta, and in the subway in d.c., but i know verizon has a very large presence in those two cities.

·
Come see how good I look
645 Posts
i had cingular for 4 or 5 years and recently switched to Verizon. So far so good. There cust service is awesome, my girlfriend had a problem with her phone so we took it to a verizon store, they just gave her a new phone and transfered her #'s into it...no questions asked. and i never have a problem with reception. cept in elevators and parking garages sometimes...but all phones will have problems there. JUST DO IT!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ZixxSpeed said:
I'm sure it's because of the area that you live in. A few of my friends who have Verizon always have equal or better reception than me in certain areas.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
yeah their customer siervice is good and all but, when i first got my phone service was awesome but then after a year thats when the calls started to fail through.

·
Auf Deutschland
1,184 Posts
i used to work for t-mobile 2 of my roomates currently work for verizon and my other works for cingular

C/S is kinda hard to judge cause if you dont get what you want to most people its the worst thing that has ever happened you can always give them a call before you get the sevice and ask some questions verizon actually has C/S people in their stores so that already puts them a step ahead . another bouns is verizon is comming out with number portability at the end of this month so you can probably keep your current cell number all carriers will be required to have this i think by the end of this year

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
After 2+ years. I'm happy with the service-unfortunately in my area the reception is not good. I'll be switching. I planned on using my cell for long distance, but its not working out due to reception.

Make sure reception at your home or where you expect to make long distance calls from is good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts