B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anywho, as some of you know, my faithful one got taken on a 3 week joy ride... They caught the guy last sunday drivin my whip like it was HIS. he even had his baby car seat in the back...

The guy smoked crack and newports inside my car so the smell is fockin HORRIBLE!

On saturday, i went to a DIY carwash and took off all the seats, all plastics, everything off the trunk, baffleboard, and carpets. I shampooed everything until it was soaking wet and left everything in the sun for like 3 hours.

I also removed the in-cabin filter and i run the a/c on full everytime i use the car. I left the filter opening open without the lid and spray febreeze auto into the inlet as i drive it so that the ducts can absorb some of that fruity goodness.

I am still not daily driving it since it still smells funky and i have the 94 camry that i have grown quite fond of.

Anyways, after i have done all this the car STILL smells bad. I shampooed the fabric on the doors fully also and i doubt that is what it is. I shampooed the Headliner but i did not remove it.

ANY more ideas!???? HELP!

P.S. I have not re-installed anything except the driver seat, all the stuff is in my storage. The car is definitely faster and i can hear my exhaust like as if it was inside the car. I can also hear the rear shocks go PSST when i hit bumps, real neat. I'm sure ill get tired of the shlt but for now its kewl.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Man, I hate to hear this. My suggestion would be to either find a really really good detailer with an extractor and have the carpets cleaned like there is no tomorrow. Then scrub all the trim with a good cleaner and then dress it to protect it. Your other bet would be to try your own hands at it. If you follow that route, I suggest heading over to autopia.org and getting some advice from guys that detail for a living. They will be able to give you lots of good tips and tricks they use everyday. Either way, I wish you the best of luck. I really hope things turn out good for you.

~Monk

edit: im tired and cant type

·
Banned
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, like i said. I removed the carpets completely and shampooed them until they were soaked and full of orange foam, then i vacuumed them and let em dry in the sun.

I did the exact thing with all the seats. The mats i threw away they were all focked up.

BUT that's not the problem! the problem is that THERE IS NOTHING inside my car! and still smells bad.!

·
Registered
39 Posts
if anything, even though you shampooed it, I would think the headliner would be the only thing left to hold a smell in the car, maybe the door panels. Could possibly be from the small deck under the rear window... did you get that one also?

·
Just 35 more...
2,296 Posts
Damn... I had a 110 lb girl puke 120 lbs of hot dogs, hamburgers, and gin in the back seat of my car. Cant even tell. You've already done what I did, which was limited to pressure washing the interior of my car and pouring a bottle of febreeze on the seats.

·
Banned
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noggin said:
Damn... I had a 110 lb girl puke 120 lbs of hot dogs, hamburgers, and gin in the back seat of my car. Cant even tell. You've already done what I did, which was limited to pressure washing the interior of my car and pouring a bottle of febreeze on the seats.
HAHHAHAHHAHAHA hot dogs and gin..

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Get that car professionally steam cleaned.

·
Banned
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mazi said:
if anything, even though you shampooed it, I would think the headliner would be the only thing left to hold a smell in the car, maybe the door panels. Could possibly be from the small deck under the rear window... did you get that one also?
I already removed that baffle board carpet, but it is very thin. I went to shampoo it but it didnt smell like nothing. I didnt put it back on tho.

The door panels i shampooed the shlit outta them so i think its the headliner... :mad:

·
Registered
224 Posts
smelly

You actually want to use a cleaner that can disinfect stuff. Use a 10 part water to 1 part bleach solution on all the plastic trim, dash, bare metal of the floor, etc. (you'll have to pull all the carpet/seats/headliner out again). Set the AC blower up on recirc and sray Lysol into the air inlet. Anything that you can't bleach, try to find a color safe disinfectant. Let all the interior parts sit out in the open air for at least a day, two if you can. If you can find some of those oder eating charcol rocks that would be cool too. You can sit those in the floor well, seats, etc. and that will help alot too. (yes, I've actually done all this before and it REALLY works). Just pretend that you killed some poor schmuck, like the guy they nabbed, and did it in your car. You want to eliminate ALL the DNA evidence. ;) Good luck.

-Chris
'03 Blackout V

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hmm now I am having visions of Pulp Fiction.....

chris_narf said:
Just pretend that you killed some poor schmuck, like the guy they nabbed, and did it in your car. You want to eliminate ALL the DNA evidence. ;) Good luck.

-Chris
'03 Blackout V

·
Registered
842 Posts
All of this for cigarette smoke? The guy only had the thing for 3 weeks...how bad could it be? I think you must have the nose of a damn bloodhound!

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
This stuff is for animal smells, but it's called nature's miracle. You can find it at petsmart and places alike... that might help you out.

·
DON'T PANIC!
71 Posts
maybe you should consider smoking...I'll smoke 1/2 a pack of newports in day while I drive, give it some thought

·
DON'T PANIC!
71 Posts
you know the smell could be a mental issue...since the car was stolen and crack might have been smoked in you car; you beleive there a smell and that there will always be a smell. seek medical health and your problems should be solved.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Baking Soda

Baking soda will remove all of your odor woes! Simply scrub out your car with baking soda and all will be well! Stick it on everything! Mix it in the shampoo you use and make a little paste with baking soda and water! let it sit for a little while. Remove it. All will be well!

·
powershifting through 6th
1,942 Posts
tallguysc said:
you know the smell could be a mental issue...since the car was stolen and crack might have been smoked in you car; you beleive there a smell and that there will always be a smell. seek medical health and your problems should be solved.
thats rude man

·
Knight Rider!!
2,193 Posts
glad u got ur car back in one piece, having a smell is a small price to pay for it. the smell could've stuck to the dash and such, cause cigg smoke/tar sticks to anything.

·
DON'T PANIC!
71 Posts
well, I'll tell a story. I used to drive a Hummer... until one day a kid was playing "dodge ball" with some mack trucks... long story short i hit the kid killed him, after that day I couldnt drive through that part of town without getting scared that some kid would pop out in front of me. I knew a kid wasnt going to run in front of me but i just couldnt drive through there anymore...it was just mental...thats it plain and simple. I got over it. So can he. If the smell is that bad then trade the car in for a new one and take your losses. I have four kids, a smoking habit, and chronic bowel movements!
GET OVER THE SMELL!

·
wanna be car guy
542 Posts
OK, I know a guy that buy old muscle cars and restores they. He gets cars that have been in chicken coops for 15 years years and are covered with chicken sh_it inside and out. He says that you get a 5gallon bucket and fill it with charcole(has to be pure, no easy light with the fuild in it). Lock up the car with the pure charcole for 3days to a week. The charcole absorbs the odor and then get a bag of coffee beens (not grounds) and poke holes in the bag and drive with the coffe in the car for a week or two. He swears this will cure and odor you can find.

Good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have a friend who cleans houses & cars in which people have killed themselves or died in and he uses a hydrogen peroxide/water mix. I don't know the mix ratio because he says it is always different with the situation but he swears by it. Hydrogen peroxide is also a disinfectant, so the earlier note to disinfect, with bleach, is true. Only thing is, I thing the stronger the mix, the more it can discolor. I think that your headliner is holding the smell, especially if the guy smoked in the car with the windows up and the a/c on.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts