B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after 2 hours the pulleys are in. During the install Chris from sr20development.com noticed the Unorthodox waterpump pulley was a bit thicker thatn the stocker. So, there was less thread on the bolts when we put on the Unorthodox piece. Im just curious if this was ever brought up?

I havent yet gotten to test them out cuz its raining like you wouldnt believe. I did attempt to redline it while in second and my tires just keep spinning so i said f*k it for now.

------------------
*Josh*

·
Registered
57 Posts
yup, its raining pretty hard here in san diego, good thing I was too lazy to wash my car yesterday

btw, take any pics?

------------------
2k Sentra SE Manual w/PP - Black

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice DArkside. I feel the pulleys more when the car is in 3rd gear and up. Since 1st and 2nd on our cars is pretty strong already. The free up your motor pretty well if you ask me. Let me know how you like them.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarKsiDe_SE:
after 2 hours the pulleys are in. During the install Chris from sr20development.com noticed the Unorthodox waterpump pulley was a bit thicker thatn the stocker. So, there was less thread on the bolts when we put on the Unorthodox piece. Im just curious if this was ever brought up?

I havent yet gotten to test them out cuz its raining like you wouldnt believe. I did attempt to redline it while in second and my tires just keep spinning so i said f*k it for now.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>hey darkside do you think it'll cause a problem down the road
because of the water pump pulley was thicker and you had less thread to put the nut back on????keep me informed cause i was thinking of doing the Unorthodox upgrade myself...

------------------
Black 2k SE Performance/package with 17x7 Konig-Caffeine's,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,remote starter,and Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,and soon to be added Stromung cat-back......

CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
darkside,,,
what did the kit run you????

------------------
Black 2k SE Performance/package with 17x7 Konig-Caffeine's,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,remote starter,and Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,and soon to be added Stromung cat-back......

CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
About the amount of thread on the nut when using the Unorthodox piece...with the stock water pump pulley i had 8 lines of thread. With the Unothordox Water pump pulley, there was 4 lines of thread. Im not too worried about cuz thats still enough thread, we just thought it was odd and wondered if anyone mentioned it b4. I paid $230+tax for the 2 pulley set. You can get them cheaper im sure.

------------------
*Josh*

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can get them for something like 185 from Courtesy.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarKsiDe_SE:
About the amount of thread on the nut when using the Unorthodox piece...with the stock water pump pulley i had 8 lines of thread. With the Unothordox Water pump pulley, there was 4 lines of thread. Im not too worried about cuz thats still enough thread, we just thought it was odd and wondered if anyone mentioned it b4. I paid $230+tax for the 2 pulley set. You can get them cheaper im sure.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>oh thats fine with the thread amount i thought it was worse,,,,,,

one more question for ya Darkside do you have a part# for me so i can order with ease...thanks man

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Darkside if you could also get me belt numbers and brands as well that would be cool and well appreciated.......thanks in advanced

------------------

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Styling, I believe there are part numbers for the pulleys and belts on www.g20.net. There is a section about the pulleys.Hope this helps. Later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
taken from g20.net and stillen
can be bought @napa

Gates# K060390
Gates# K040340
(which are the same ones im using as well in case anybody is wondering)

ur pulley part# 408225
You can get the pulley from www.importpartsplus.com

------------------
*Josh*
Hotshot Header, PR CAI, Unorthodox Pulleys, & Custom Exhaust

[This message has been edited by DarKsiDe_SE (edited January 30, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
cool thanks man much appreciated.....

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Sorry for bringing this thread back to life but i heard a little something that i wanted to find out a little more about....

well i was talking to a few of my friends that are big time Mustang buffs and they know alot about doing up engines.....one effect that i might experience is the lose of electric accessories like he said "your amp might not work as well do to the insufficient of power....do anyone that has had pulleys installed noticed this????

but he said that might not be true with newer engines.....but in his engine when he did the underdrive pulleys it did and it happened to 2 other guys that was there as well.....please let me know that it's just the older engine.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
605 Posts
My cousin has a 98 prelude and she changed her pulleys. After about 3 months her car shut off. It wouldn't start, and none of the accessories would work.

It turned out that the aftermarket pulleys put too much stress on the stock alternator. Since she did not get the alternator pulley changed, it shut down. She got it fixed no problem. I don't know if this is at all related to what you were asking, but I hope it helps.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
you think it would be better to get the 4 pulley kit.... with all the pulleys... including the alternator?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
605 Posts
After having to pick her up and pay $85 for towing, I would definately have gotten the alternator pulley.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
thats kinda what i was talking about they was saying that the amplifier didn't work right since they put the underdrive pulleys in......

we really need to find out from someone who has installed the pulleys on the B15 already to see if there is a side effect so to speak.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
747 Posts
no pulleys for me

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, neon ground effects, clear turn signal bulbs

·
JCC
1,129 Posts
yes guys that is your problem, my friend has the pulleys installed in his b15, and he got them put on 3 months ago, and he has not had a problem. He bought the Unorthodx Racing Ultra Street Set which has all four pulleys. They worked great. I am going to get them installed in my car next week as well as the PR CAI and I will take pictures and post them up for everyone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts