B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions:

First, when I turn my key to ignition, but not quite to start, I hear the fuel pump for a few seconds, followed by a really cheesy sounding "rattle-like noise". I have listened for it, and it is coming from the air induction system. I am pretty sure its normal, just wanna see what is actually going on in there.

Second, how do you recommend lifting this car (to work on it). I would like to lift up the front end about 6-9 inches. I think ramps are the way to go, might invest in a set. Short of that....my bottle jacks are all just too tall to fit under there. The screw jack helps out, but it just takes so damn long. How do you guys lift up your B15s, to change the oil and tranny fluid, etc?

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
2-3 ton hydrolic jack and jack stands.. best way to go.. use a block of wiooh with the jack though to protect your paint.

if your talking about the sr20 engine.. which i think you are.. that noise is coming from this little bronze bell thing that is next to the throttle. i wish for the life of me that i could remmeber what its called.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I don't lift my car when doing oil changes. If you do, lift the drivers side, as the oil filter is located on the opposite side, and will get more oil out. Other than that, get yourself a good jack, and leave the one in the trunk for emergencies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts