B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok....i was wondering where the crossover for the tweeter/front speaker is located...is it just like a component system with the tweeters gettin the highs and the door gettin the mid/lows?..cuz i replaced my HU and speakers and the tweeters dont seem to work...i already have an amp powering the 4 speakers so im just gonna power the tweeters with the front channel in my HU...so i need to know where the wires from the tweeters go...thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
You dont want to run your tweeters directly off the head unit without something to filter out the low noise. I dont think the factory tweeters have a crossover, just an inline capacitor somewhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know....ill install bass blockers to keep out mids and lows.....whats an inline capacitor

·
Registered
27 Posts
The factory tweeter should have a capacitor already soldered on its terminal, so don't add any more capacitors (ie. bass blockers). If you do that, it will mute the tweeters and you won't hear ****. Just double check the factory tweeter. It should have a very small capacitor on the back, near its magnet.
If not, then you'll need a special tweeter version of the bass blockers. The normal ones wont work. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts