B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change my stock turn signal bulbs. I don't need superwhites or anything...I just don't like the orange color and will probably go with clear or red bulbs.

I know in some states this is illegal...is it in Canada?

I think I read that I need double-fillament bulbs...I think whites would look nice on the back and reds on the front..or maybe whites all around....

Has anyone figured out a way to get rid of the orange piece on the front side lenses? Are there replacement lenses available?

I figure I can get replacement white bulbs at any local car place [canadian tire...]

Thanks

jn

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
The orange reflector isn't going anywhere.... Unless you can get the plastic housing off.... Yes the turns need to be double filliment... I got hyperwhites all around, and they look awesome!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I've got clear bulbs in the front...

How do you replace the rear bulbs???

Here in TX any color other than red in rear and amber everywhere else is illegal. So I can get pulled over anyday... I dunno about Canada.

And no, the orange piece in front cant come off, nope... shame....

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
For the back, you have to pull out the carpeted area and then you'll see the back of the housing.. once you see it, just twist it off...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Jesse Jericho said:
With hyperwhite turn signal bulbs, your signal flashes "headlight" white??
Yes it does It looks almost like you're flashing the headlight on that side,,,looks really cool.........

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Jesse Jericho said:
Is that kind of signal legal in the US and Canada?
Nope,,,But oh well:D

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Ok, so you pull back the carpet to change the rear bulbs. But how do you do it without snapping one of those plastic things? I broke one already and it semi-sticks so I thought I'd stop and ask...

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Alex if you look at those plastic tabs closely, you'll notice they have little notches in the side of them. Use your fingernails to pull at those notches and they'll "pull open". You'll know what I mean when you see it. Then just take off the plastic tabs and do what you want with your lights. You pull the carpet back AFTER you take the plastic tabs off.

Before you put the plastic tabs back on, make sure they're in "open" position before you put em in the hole. Then just press them in and you'll hear it snap shut.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
thanks, I'll try it tomorrow... It'll look so sweet... just hope no cop sits behind me whenever I blink...

·
Registered
36 Posts
white bulbs on all corners

Hi all, I've put white bulbs on all flasher lights, and it's awesome, espacially at night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts