B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I don't know if its a omen or something but everytime I go to drive my car it starts pouring. If any of you are from PA you know how much it downpoured Tuesday evening. Well I chose that night to drop my car off at the shop to get my exhaust welded up. No issues driving it the 30 mins in the downpour with the 1" of standing water on the highway. Oil pressure was 65 psi and water temp was a constant 175 degrees. Its nice to drive that car again, its feels more comfortable then the g20.

Picked up the car yesterday. I had the 3" VRS piping all finalized. It already had a dynomax resonator/muffer on the midpipe. Just need to weld the small piece between the downpipe and the resonator. I also had a magnaflow straight through 3" inlet 4" angle cut double walled tip stainless muffler welded on the end of the piping. At idle the car is pretty quiet. On the highway it does drone a bit sitting at 3k, Its not terrible though for a complete 3" exhaust with straight through muffler. I didn't really get a chance to really get on it to hear what it sounds like in the upper rpm range because guess what it rained on the drive home.

So far the car seems to be running well but I haven't gotten a chance to really drive it around to make sure everything is ok. I still need to get it inspected. It does seems to have a slight hesitation hickup getting on it but I'm still trying to sort out if that is more a tuning issue or just the nature of the turbo.

I still have a pretty good list of stuff that needs to get done on the car though.

Make new battery holddown bracket
Install and fix horn.
Replace rear rotors (very rusty from sitting)
Install rear s/s brake lines
Install updated fast brakes brackets
Install water injection.
tune boost controller.
Install front motivational coilovers.
Install hood pins
Install hid headlights and fogs.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Need to charge my camera so no pics yet.

Its not the muffler I wanted by any means but its not terrible looking.

·
Registered
501 Posts
That's great news! So I take it that you have the Motivational coilovers already installed in the rear of the vehicle? If no, please elaborate on the current and planned suspension.....
Also, what Psi do you plan to run(street and otherwise), and what boost controller are you using?
-Tony

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the suspension. Thats a interesting story. For awhile I had those stupid B&G's on. Well they finally blew through the rear mount rubber and I didn't want to pay like $70 to get new mounts at the time for a suspension I hated. I couldn't really put the stock stuff on now, so I bought the rear motivationals so I had something and put the stock fronts on. The car has been that way for a little while. I used to think it handled ok back before I took the car off the road but driving it yesterday it seems to push like a pig.

The current boost level is set at 12psi. I don't feel like taking everything apart so that is where it is going to stay for awhile. I will probably set the greddy profec B at a low boost level of 14psi and the high at something like 16 or 17 when I am running the water injection.

·
Registered
501 Posts
That sounds good.
So you are currently running the B&G in the front? On what damping setting? And as for the rear Motivationals, what setting are those at? Do you have a rear sway bar?

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The B&G's have been sitting in a box for probably close to 3 years now. I have to figure out something proper to put them to a fullfilling death they deserve. ;)

Motivational uses the reds for inserts so Mike Saki set them for the spring rate I am using (350in/lb) when I got them. I never bothered to play around with them since they were all assembled and the rest of the car wasn't setup anyway. When I put the fronts on which will carry a 350 spring rate as well then I will play around with them. The plan once things settle down (probably this winter), to put the front and rear nismo sway bars on along with the nismo bushing kit. That should finally take care of the suspension till I get annoyed with the koni reds and make a koni 8611 setup for myself. ;)

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also on another note the the Wilwood calipers with the Wilwood Polymatrix D pads are simply amazing. They are almost too much for the street. Just barely touching the brakes I am afraid I am going to lock up the wheels. I haven't even had a chance to properlly bed them in yet. I may look for a little less grippy pad so I'm not afriad I will put my passengers through the windshield.

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
david said:
The B&G's have been sitting in a box for probably close to 3 years now. I have to figure out something proper to put them to a fullfilling death they deserve. ;)
send them to me I will crush them in the tinsel tester. The 2000lb load cell will make short work of them. :eek:

·
Registered
501 Posts
david said:
The plan once things settle down (probably this winter), to put the front and rear nismo sway bars on along with the nismo bushing kit. That should finally take care of the suspension till I get annoyed with the koni reds and make a koni 8611 setup for myself. ;)
That's great! What bushings are in that Nismo kit? That sure won't be a fun install.....
Any reasoning behind the matching f/r rates?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.