B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just to let everyone know, my turbo project is going to be started within the next couple of weeks, e-mails have been sent to companies, prices are coming in, and my brother's shop is ready to help me out just in case. I will keep updating and take pics of the kit parts as they come in. I will take plenty of pics of the install, give a price and time estimate, and make a write up. Would anybody be interested in buying my CAI and Stromund Exhaust, I will get a custom exhaust done and no need for CAI. I might do a package deal if anybody wants both of the things together. Let me know and I will let you know, later

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok here is the progress

the progress thus far is primarily planning and thinking about pros and cons of the situation. The 95-97 200sx ECU can be run with a 95-97 computer end of the wiring harness. All the emissions systems would be lost, but it would be more or less fine. I would have to find a trashed 200sx se-r and pull out the ecu and the wiring harness. The other option is to run a kit with the stock computer, the problem is that the computer only pushes the injectors up to around 194hp. And most kits out there even at low boost, 5-7psi would bring around 200-210hp along with them. So I talked it over with JWT, and they told me that what I planned probably would work, but that I could not run much boost at all(3-4psi) because the stock computers lack to supply a good amount of fuel at anything over 195hp. So the two main factors that come to play are the MAF voltage and air-fuel ratio. Also timing, I would have to set it back to TBDC. They said that if I wanted to I could run my setup at the low boost until they make a computer available to us, sometime early next year. 3-4psi equates to about 180-190hp. I will get some hard numbers after I talk to JWT's main engineering guy. the people at JWT know their shizt and are extremely helpful, unlike the non-helpful F-Max people. The only other option I would even consider is running the Venom computerized Nitrous system that comes specific for our car, since I do not have to worry about detonation or anything going wrong cuz it is computer controlled, but still $1200 for NO2. hmmmmm, let me know what you guys think, or if you can help in the progress in any way...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts