B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have about %90 of my PTI kit in hand, so I decided to start the install, since the rest is on the way. Its been a bit easier than I thought so far, but I have a couple questions. I have already emailed Jamie about it, I know hes busy as hell and I figured it'd be good to have things like this up anyways so here goes!

Which port is IN and which is OUT? I know the one on the bottom is for the vac......
This may sound completely retarded, where in relation to the pump does the FPR go? I've seen diagrams with an FPR after the injectors on the return line, and before the injectors on the send line. Also, does it matter which side of the fuel rail sends/receives? Ive studied pictures of PTI kits and people seem to have done both. I also have a fuel gauge for adjusting the pressure, and I am wondering where is the bets place to put that (in relation to the FPR and pump as well)
Thats it for the fuel system.....

Now, for the IC/piping.....Does this look right?
These pipes seem to hang a bit low. The only pix I could find with the bumper off are of Davids SE, which is completely different, plus he doesent have a kit.
I am pretty sure this is right, and the ramps are making it look off cause the nose is up in the air. Look close to see the pipes (black) flexing below the bumper......

Now, for the intake manifold. Question one. Why am I tapping it for a vacuum if there are already existing vac lines I could T off of? I noticed the FIR kit directions instruct to do the same.....
Where is a suitable place to tap on the manifold? I dont see why it'd matter much as long as it did not interfere with anything else mechanically.

Last question. What in the hell is the trick to getting the upper oil pan off? This thing is a major PITA. Ive checked 3-4 times and all of the bolts are off....

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance to all the boost heads.......

·
Registered
894 Posts
I honestly only know the answer to one of the questions you asked.. The IC pipes look right.. The reason they hang down low like that, I think, is to accomodate the stock foglights for those who have the stock bumper. I have a slightly different FPR, so I am not quite sure about the setup, and as for the install I didn't do any of it myself - so I couldn't honestly answer with any certainty your other questions..Let me know if I can help in any other way..

Looks like you are making good progress though.. Congradulations, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro.....hey your IC is mounted to the crash bar right?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO you are the douche.....and come pick up your exhaust its in my F'n way. :)

Anyone know anything about the fuel system???????I'd like to get it knocked out today.

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
haha when r u gonna be done??? im comin back to VA either monday or teusday... gotta go for that ride... i CANT wait to get that stock exhaust on... go on aim douche i gotta tell u a story :eek:

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
So wait.. you're attacking this turbo install yourself...? Oh jesus. You're more impatient than me!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
specVracing said:
So wait.. you're attacking this turbo install yourself...? Oh jesus. You're more impatient than me!
Well money really wasnt the issue with the install, I wanted to do it myself for the experience and so I could better understand how everything works together. I figured I'd take my time and work on it 3-4 hours per day and do it right.

On topic: Any help with any of the above questions? Cmon somone's gotta know....

·
Registered
894 Posts
I think Jamie is out of town doing on business this weekend, so he may not be able to answer your questions till Monday or Tuesday..

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I remember hearing something like that. KV1 do you happen to have any close up shots of various engine bay components?

*Other than what you have posted?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Tell me what you need and I'll search through my pictures to see if I have it..

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
KV1 said:
Tell me what you need and I'll search through my pictures to see if I have it..

Aim'd. Ill look through the pix when I get them Kyle, and ty again....

Dammit where are all you boost heads at! I hate weekends! Slow on here!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump for some help so I can get something done tonight!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah im sure some of the boost heads will see this soon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there...

The side port comes from the fuel rail, and the bottom port goes back to the tank. Yea, the piping looks right. Hope this helps. Later

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK so the FPR actually does go on the return line then correct?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I allready answered all your questions on thevboard under your same thread there.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And on the phone too, thanks a lot shane you were a big help.....although yours runs the way it should I still need to find out where exactly the FPR/Gauge goes for sure.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yeah, you do need to find that out for sure.
I'm suprised more boost heads haven't come on here and helped square you away.

Good luck, Shane

1 - 20 of 43 Posts