B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 03 Spec-V... In PA, they are now doing the Obd2 emmisions testing. No more roller testing. My question is, if anyone knows, will I pass emmisions still with the FIR turbo kit, or any turbo kit?

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
nope...you cant even pass those with header on

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
if they jsut check the obd2 port.. you'll be fine.. visual inspection win pwn you

·
Registered
501 Posts
If you have a cat under the car, and if you don't throw a code, you'll be A-Ok.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
I'm a licensed PA safety and emissions inspector........i can tell you that if you are not throwing any codes then you will pass the emissions inspection.......most mechanics don't do a visual check anymore with the new OBDII emissions systems b/c they don't need to......in order to pass the state emissions test you just have to pass the OBDII test.......that's it........besides........before you get the actual test done......ask the mechanic who is going to do it if pass your car with a turbo kit on it as long as there aren't any codes thrown and see what he says........if he says no.......go to the next guy ;)

Late,
Daniel

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Yes, you can pass the sniffer with my kit... you'll have to run an o2 simulator for the rear o2.. or get a cat. I recommend getting a cat and putting the o2 sensor behind it. With the cat, and the engine tuned correctly, you're almost guaranteed to pass. Now, visual.. that's another story. ;)

Travis

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
In PA now Travis they did away with the sniffer test on all OBDII cars......all they do now is plug the emissions computer into the DLC on whatever car is beind tested and see if all the readiness monitors are operating properlly and to see if there are any stored codes or potential codes.......if all is clear then the car passes......no sniffer test anymore :D.....that's how i'm going to pass with my gutted cat;)

Late,
Daniel

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Honestly, most mechanics do as [email protected]@ed a job as they can on inspections, it's time they lose out on doing actual work and making money....inspections are what, $10-$15 depending on state, and their usual labor rate is probably $65. In NH if you have brake pads and your car isn't falling apart you get a sticker.

·
I have a gavina!!!!!
786 Posts
CrshDriver said:
i have an 03 Spec-V... In PA, they are now doing the Obd2 emmisions testing. No more roller testing. My question is, if anyone knows, will I pass emmisions still with the FIR turbo kit, or any turbo kit?
DONT WORRY ABOUT UNLESS YOU HAVE A TURBO :D HEHEHE

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
in PA the price for a state inspection and emissions test is determined by the market.......usually a safety and emissions inspection will run you anywhere from 60-75 dollars depending on where you go

sun_spec......come on now man........that wasn't even remotely productive to answering his question:rolleyes:

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all your help guys... I am really considering getting a turbo, but don't wanna screw myself when it comes to the emmisions. I'll take your advice about the cat,Trav, if I do get one. I've learned that the best place to take cars for inspection is Midas. they don't do s**t. I've had a couple of cars that I know wouldn't pass inspection in the past, and they always passed them... lol...

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Mr. Nismo said:
LOL you will pass. NICEGUY passed OBD2 emissions with no cats, a JDM turbo motor with a 3" exhaust..lol. You want have any problems, just dont throw any lights. :)
I am intersted in know how he passed OBDII emissions? I am not calling anyone out or anything, I am just honestly interested in how he did it. What ECU is he running? Or is it just one of those deals where you know somebody?

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
cburwell said:
I live in PA, and I passed just fine with a header. In fact you could have NO cats with this new system, and as long as you do not have any error codes you will pass!
Well thats not complelty true. They are suppose to be doing a visual as part of the inspection as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts