B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY YA'LLL ,

New Sentra Owner here. I am a Hilly BIlly from Virginia but I got to tricks up my sleave.

1) I work for the worlds 2nd largest AutoParts Dealer as a Programmer Analyst, so I am at the Home Office with all of the BUYERS and such. guess who it is, You SOCAL guys are gonna have a hard time with it though.

What this does is give me access to so guys that can create markets IF and thats a big IF, there is enough DEMAND. ( so thats not 2 of you wnating a trubo kit , thats more like 1000 of you and your closests buddies)

2) I went to one of the BEST engineering schools in the Country VA TECH and my best buddy is a FREAK of an Electrical engineer, he dreams in binary, and may be willing to help us program an ECU..... but it would cost ...

WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS? Whats the demand at what price points?

I need this information before I even approach the Buyers at work , my buddy my help us if only say a dozen are interested.

I am an OLD SCHOOL Carburator and and 8 cyclinder buy this 4Cyl stuff is new to me but to me I say dont waste your time unless you plan on getting 100 hp/liter min.

I dont have a clue whats needed but I am interested. What do we need to make say 190 - 200 hp from our engines ?

And how much would you spend for 190 hp?

Me , if it's more than 2K I am out. ( married with children, oh well) But if there is significant interest I bet we could get this set up may take some time but if your interested REPLY here.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Im 100% interested and by tomorrow im sure thell will be at least 10 more people that are too prolly more;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
did someone say....TURBO?? yeah, you could say I'm interested...:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Turbo is awesome

Sentra's def. need turbo. If i get a sentra in next couple months, I'll need turbo. It should be between 2-3 G's. That's reasonable

·
Registered
940 Posts
these sr20de engines were made for turbos. why not, get it rolling!

i've had turbo cars, and man, nothing says POWER like a [email protected]

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'd like a turbo with a side of onion rings.

·
Registered
111 Posts
im in, got a 1.8L though but I WANT ONE!:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
turbo it and they will come...

I'd buy it if it was @ $2k with a suitable turbo to handle AT LEAST 200hp - if you hit that with a high quality intercooler, I'd pay $3k if it made a total of 250hp... money is in my pocket - would like to burn it so get to work

·
Registered
268 Posts
yea man....make one for the 1.8L....i will surely want that....

·
Registered
297 Posts
sorry but not around

sorry I havent responed, all we really need right now is a good computer, then we can think turbo, the stock injectors/computer combo will foul out around 190hp to the wheels, which is around 220hp or so to the flywheel. Not that it is not a lot of headroom, but still, I don't want to push the limits of the stock ECU/Injectors. The most affordable and convenient thing to do is to wait for an ECU, then buy an SR20DET motor, and swap out all the turbo components, some pipes might need to be made, but that is why muffler shops exist(also JCWhitney, take measurements, then have someone cut and weld). Then go to www.nismoparts.com and order yourself some turbo pistons, 370CC Injectors, very very cheap from them. So if you were to get the SR20DET pistons I think you might be able to run 5-7psi with the stock ECU setup, but I am not 100% on that, and most likely the CHeck Engine Light will be triggered. But if you really want 190-200hp to the wheels, then an ECU is a must to be safe. My car has already passed Stage 2 preliminary stages, and is currently being Stage 2 finished, Stage 3 should be done by the end of summer, with Stage 4 around Winter Break, every Stage is about $1k. with stage 4 being considerably more. Laters yall, if you got any questions or comments, feel free to e-mail me, I have already asked around. truly,
JCC

1 - 20 of 24 Posts