B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the tuneable mufflers better than the regular mufflers or vice versa?

------------------
Don't hate the Game

G

·
I assume you mean the ones that have the removeable baffle in the tip? I've never known anyone that has bought one of those. I honestly don't know what the purpose is behind them. Yes, you can alter the amount of backpressure the system creates (aswell as noise,) but when would you change it? I can't really think of a situation where a tunable muffler would provide any benefit over just a normal performance muffler set-up.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I figured people only bought those to try to avoid a ticket. Run quiet day to day and wide open when you needed to. Of course who wants to stop to remove a baffle.

------------------
'97 VW Golf Trek - modded
'00 Sentra SE - PP, PIAAs, Tint

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I had one on my Apex'i N1 that was on my civic .Let me tell you, It was the biggest PITA to get out. I had to work for like 2 mins everytime I wanted it out. I usually just ran with it out, but sometimes my mom would get mad b.c it was so loud and I would put it in so she would shut up lol.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on order and PRI CAI is comming soon.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nismo_Girl_2001:
I had one on my Apex'i N1 that was on my civic .Let me tell you, It was the biggest PITA to get out. I had to work for like 2 mins everytime I wanted it out. I usually just ran with it out, but sometimes my mom would get mad b.c it was so loud and I would put it in so she would shut up lol.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a pain in the ***! I don't think so... :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Slowcars4life
126 Posts
My friend just bought an Arospeed Bomb muffler and it takes him like 30 sec to take out. I just purchased a tunable muffler also. I figured I could keep it queit and when I go to the track to race I can pull it out.

------------------
White 95 Sentra GLE

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The reason it took so long was b.c it was a really tight fit. I had to use the handle of a hammer to get it out. I put in the handle and had to wiggle back and forth so that I could get it enough out to grab it. I think it was just the design of the N1 b.c I know other people that didn't have such a hard time with other tunable exhausts.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on order and PRI CAI is comming soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked because a friend of mine is selling me his apex muffler and I was just wondering if I should get it or a non tuneable one.

------------------
Don't hate the Game

1 - 8 of 8 Posts