B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem with water in the trunk down near the spare tire?

I noticed I had a good gallon of water in my lower trunk where the spare tire resides.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That can't be good

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yyyktk1:
Has anyone else had a problem with water in the trunk down near the spare tire?

I noticed I had a good gallon of water in my lower trunk where the spare tire resides.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't good at all. I've had this similar problem with my old GXE. What you need to check if the leak is coming from the light compartment not being sealed correctly. The chalking that they used actually melted! How I found it is what I did was pour a cup of water down the drain track around the trunk and found where the water was leaking in. I also poured water over both my light housings. I had to use some other stuff to seal it back up. Now it doesn't leak, but it's all around my rear light casing. :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

[This message has been edited by Original Mr Sentra (edited April 03, 2001).]

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
My 90 sentra has the exact same problem. The gooey sealent stuff around the tail lights in the trunk is all melted and pealed back so water trickles in from outside into the trunk. I fixed most of it myself by smoothing the goop and taking goop from areas that had excess and patching it up. I am sure you can by a similar compound at a hardware store and fix it yourself. What you can do till then is take the drain plugs out, if you have them, which I do. Good thing too because I have 2 12" subs in a box in my trunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts