B15 Sentra Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts
Big J said:
1 sold, about 4-5 more I know are lined up,2 of which I'll be installing. I did one, now all his friends want one, which is cool :)
Right on! I was curious because I'm looking for an unbiased review of the kit. Atleast we know some are out there. Are these people on any forums?

best quote evar ^^^

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Exile666 said:
BigJ your running a stock pump but are you returnless? what size injectors and what psi? and while your at why don't you tell your fuel management.

peace
Stock fuel pump, non-return, 52 psi factory fuel pressure. I'm running slightly larger injectors than what comes in the kit. I'm running stage 1 injectors, 499cc/min, from an SRT-4. The injectors that come in the kit require less tuning because they are a little smaller. They are rated by Ford Racing as 39lbs/hr or 409 cc/min, but they flow test at 440 cc/min. I'd like to run a smaller injector because I could run more timing and pull less fuel when tuning, meaning there would be less scaling of the timing maps because you lie to the ecu about how much air is entering the motor when you use an SAFC.

I installed a kit on an '03 about 2 weeks ago. He was running a Stillin 2.25" exhaust, and Stillin runs a baffled or chambered type muffler, which isn't good for the max exhaust flow a turbo needs. He put down 238whp and 235 wtq. I was getting minimal gains by turning up the boost and you could see the motor choking in the upper rev ranges so I backed it down to 6psi and tuned it there. I wasn't trying to impress anyone. He's got a new exhaust on the way and I fully expect it to pick up 25-40whp/wtq with the exhaust and tuning at the same PSI. We'll see soon.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
SSRSER said:
Right on! I was curious because I'm looking for an unbiased review of the kit. Atleast we know some are out there. Are these people on any forums?
Someone is going to try to fit the major components up to an '07 Spec V too. I'd love to get my hands on an Altima Coupe, droooool, boosted Altima Coupe.

The guy I did the install on is a member on another forum: http://myspecv.com/f/t12326-treadsatone-install-on-an-03.html, last post.

He had taken his car to a shop before to get it turbo'd, they broke it off in him to say the least. 7 months, went out of business, kept his guages, front bumper, grill, fog lights, etc. it was never right......... and was running 14psi, but he didn't know because they never installed his guages. He did a good job putting his car back together after they "worked" on it.

Frodo said:
I now have the Strup header and Apexi WS2 if I am not mistaken its 2.5" From the sites that I can find it says 60mm pipe.
2.34" ;)

I heard those cut-aways leak real bad....true? There was a long thread about those on SR20 forum awhile ago and the general consensus was they suck

SSRSER said:
2.34" ;)

I heard those cut-aways leak real bad....true? There was a long thread about those on SR20 forum awhile ago and the general consensus was they suck
I heard that too, but that's the electronic ones. I'm pretty cheap, so I bought just one like the one above for $25 and I manually open and close the exhaust. I can spend the extra $180 or so on the electronic portion, but when I was driving :rolleyes: , I drove around daily with it open and just cruised by cops with no problems.

mirrortints said:
I heard that too, but that's the electronic ones. I'm pretty cheap, so I bought just one like the one above for $25 and I manually open and close the exhaust. I can spend the extra $180 or so on the electronic portion, but when I was driving :rolleyes: , I drove around daily with it open and just cruised by cops with no problems.
I think you're right....I'm sure it was the electric ones. But yes, get rid of the WS2 in favor of something more "flow friendly"

i wanna throw this out there if u had the money would u go with the turbonetics or the treadstone turbo? has any1 done a race between 2 specs 1 with turbonetics n the other with treadstone?

iam like 1 week away from spending 5 grand on a turbo n parts needed for a turbo so debate for me please treadstone id like to hear some words from u cause that money could go to u =] all cash btw <~

-r0nni

Discussion starter · #75 ·
burn` said:
i wanna throw this out there if u had the money would u go with the turbonetics or the treadstone turbo? has any1 done a race between 2 specs 1 with turbonetics n the other with treadstone?

iam like 1 week away from spending 5 grand on a turbo n parts needed for a turbo so debate for me please treadstone id like to hear some words from u cause that money could go to u =] all cash btw <~

-r0nni
The Turbonetics kit was designed by a company to add another product to their line up.

The Treadstone was designed by an actual Spec V owner to be the best. My original design was just for me, once I got the backing to redesign it I made some nice changes.

You can tune the Treadstone kit, or take it just about anywhere to have it tuned.

If you go with Turbonetics and you have an 04+ you have to go to a certified unichip tuner, if you have an 02-03 it can't be retuned but by 2 or 3 people in the US.

Turbonetics made 275WHP on 8 psi w/ a FULL 3" exhaust and a ball bearing 50 turbo

I made 271 whp at 5 psi w/ a 3" catback using a standard bearing 50 trim turbo, the boost came on at the same RPM and there was no TQ drop off in the upper rev ranges. Overall power output was far better at lower boost.

Turbonetics uses a draw through MAF set up, which has multiple design flaws

Treadstone uses a blow through setup, which for this application is to BEST way to go.

Treadstones price is $3100, with fuel managment and tuning device, it's a complete kit that is end user tunable.

Turbonetics kit is on sale for $3700, you can't tune it, and it has had a few issues.

Treadstone uses quality name brand components and a very efficient intercooler

I made over 300whp on 8.5 psi, I've run 10.5 on pump gas, that had to have been a good 320-330whp and 300ft/lbs

lmfa0o fine u bought me gosh =/ welll i guess ull be my go to guy for help. i tried to get dah full 3100 turbo by treadstone but it onli gives me a 3099 turbo or something unless the price drop agian?

-r0nni

lol i made a goof up sowwie =x **** happens =(

-r0nni

61 - 80 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.