B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
JDM swapped shortbus
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to Treadstone today.

They said they'l have 9 kits to sell in aprox. 3 weeks, Treadstone won't sell somthing they don't have in stock, like other companies have been known to do.........................

The pricing for these kits will be $3100................ ball bearing upgrade available, shipping is typically in the $60-90 range, with Canada, of course, being a little more :canada:

If you allready have an SAFC, you can get a kit w/o one get one for $2830.

Click my sig.

Individual part will be available soon, IC piping, MAF adaptors, injectors, turbo manifolds, etc. Treadstone wants to sell a few complete kits first.

You can and should pick up parts from Treadstone like: apexi SAFC neo's, oil lines, silicone, T-bolts, Turbochargers, BOVs, Wastegates, flanges, ect. These parts are allways available, and tell 'em Big J sent you.

Components List:
# Turbonetics T3/T4, ball bearing upgrade available $450 extra
# Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
# Treadstone 347 Stainless Steel Cast Turbo Manifold
# Treadstone TR8 Intercooler with brackets
# Treadstone Polished Aluminum Pipe Kit
# Treadstone 304 Stainless Downpipe
# Treadstone MAF adapter
# Treadstone Silicone and T-bolts Clamp kit
# Treadstone 304 Stainless Steel Downpipe (removes first cat)
# Treadstone Oil Kit
# HKS Blow off Valve, Greddy/Tial/Turbonetics also available
# Treadstone Air Filter
# Upgraded Fuel injectors with clips
# Upgraded Spark Plugs
# Vacuum line, Hardware, Gaskets
# APEX AFC

Optional Equipment
Treadstone Heat shield
Treadstone Manual Boost Controller
Greddy Electronic Boost controller
Ball Bearing and GTK turbo upgrades

Stainless Steel Cast Turbo manifold
The latest in bulletproof turbocharging technology, our kit includes a 347 investment cast stainless steel turbo manifold. The high thermal inertia, due to the excellent heat retention of the cast stainless manifold, provides the turbocharger with as much thermal energy as possible raising the efficiency of the system, superior to any tubular fabricated manifold. Lifetime warranty on cracking, precision machined mating surfaces for ultimate fit and sealing, high exhaust gass energy for the best turbocharger performance, no ugly rusting common on cast iron manfilds, our Treadstone 347 cast stainless is the latest in cast turbo manifold technology.

Stainless Steel Downpipe
Our 2.5" diameter 304 stainless downpipe is manufactured to precise standards, and hand tig welded to perfection. The wastegate is recirculated as far from the turbo outlet as possible, this increases wastegate efficiency and keeps you car sounding great. Includes extra O2 bungs for easy wideband hook up.

Cast manufactured 304 stainless downpipe flange ensures proper sealing to factory or aftermarket exhaust system.

Treadstone TR8 Intercooler
The highly efficient Treadstone TR8 intercooler standard in the kit. Core Size, 7.8" X 22" X 3.5", 760cfm flow rate at 1psi pressure drop.

Turbocharger and Wastegate
All of our turbocharging compliment the best in performance turbocharging today! Turbonetics Turbochargers, the pioneer in performance turbocharging! With the knowledge and experience of one of the best names in turbocharging, Treadstone products parallels with quality and reliability, giving you the best products combination in performance turbocharging.

Intercooler Brackets
We even make our intercooler brackets from lightweight tig welded aluminum!....quality!

Treadstone Air fitler
Treadstone high flow filters now standard in all of our turbo kits! Dry filtering element, no oil needed.

Treadstone Mass Air Flow Adapter
The Treadstone mass air flow adapter manufactured for this kit was designed to seal under high boost pressures, and incorporates a bead rolled lip to keep couplers from blowing off and a rubber gasket.

·
JDM swapped shortbus
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The following dynos were done on a 2004 Spec V, stock block, ballance shafts intact, butterfly valves removed, VRS 3" catback, 2.5" megan dual tip muffler, Megan "downpipe", stock fuel pump, SAFC, stock rims, stock flywheel and clutch:

5 PSI

7 PSI

9 psi

·
turtle power!!!
586 Posts
on average,how long would this take to install for a 1st timer?

·
Registered
613 Posts
So whats the safest to run on stock internals?

ive always heard different storys i mean thats bad *** for 5psi....... however id be worried about boost spike random **** like that................

·
JDM swapped shortbus
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
~The_Duke~ said:
I will vouche for it raping me at the track...

Oh cool it is another sentra, wait that is Big J, that is not a normal sentra...
Good meeting you. I've got the vid.

It was so damn hot, noone was making quick passes.

I did 9 runs, the only one I lost was to a big turbo SRT-4 on drag radials.... and not by much.... I was lunching like the track was 2 hours from my house, that's a long walk

·
JDM swapped shortbus
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
paranoidmidget said:
So whats the safest to run on stock internals?

ive always heard different storys i mean thats bad *** for 5psi....... however id be worried about boost spike random **** like that................

I've got 2* of timing pulled and AFR's around 12. I taper the AFR's richer in the upper RPM range. It's all about tuning. I should have some numbers a 12 PSI soon :eek: Tuning is the key.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Big J said:
Good meeting you. I've got the vid.

It was so damn hot, noone was making quick passes.

I did 9 runs, the only one I lost was to a big turbo SRT-4 on drag radials.... and not by much.... I was lunching like the track was 2 hours from my house, that's a long walk
That was the 2nd time you meet me lol Dont you remember selling your N\A header to me...

Ya I ran I think 11, best I could get was 15.2. I was surpised none of the really nasty SRT-4s from gwinett showed up...

Ya that would have been a long walk... lol

·
JDM swapped shortbus
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What did you run at the track?

14.1, it was 102* outside (sucks for power output, but I had no problem because of the heat, aka detination), I wasn't "launching" just leaving like at a traffic light, no cars were running good times becuse of the heat, the only car I lost to was a big turbo 400 hp SRT-4 on slicks, he only got me by 3 tenth's. I was trapping 103 MPH and running very consistantly, I just need to work on the short side of the track and go back when it's cooler out, that trap speed is good for low 13's once I work on my launch, lol.

Will there be finacing available?

no

What turbo were you running @ the dyno ball bearing or not?

journal bearing T3/T4 50 trim, stock motor (butterfly valves removed), 3" cat back, Megan racing "downpipe", 13* base timing, stock fuel pump

Are you going to have a baseline AFR/AFC setup for people that have no AFC expierience?

no, it's simple to tune, or cheap to get tuned. I highly recomend a wideband datalogger like Zetronix $279 for the basic unit. You can drive untuned if you keep it under 3000 RPMs, the ECU will handle fuel in closed loop.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Is it necessary to remove the butterflies ? If so, why ?

·
JDM swapped shortbus
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
almost every race the other car would be a legnth or two ahead out ot the hole (it's not easy to beat on your car when you're 100 miles form home, lol) but I'd reel them in and past them mid track, s2k's, SRT-4's, Maximas, NA spec V's, 350z's, swapped CRX on spray, etc, the car's quicker than my driving and weather could do justice to, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_muBGlgVSj0

·
JDM swapped shortbus
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thestunts05spec said:
Is it necessary to remove the butterflies ? If so, why ?
the way the power comes on with them in is BRUTAL, it's up to you, but I recomend taking them out (you'll have to pull the upper intake to put the injectors in anyway), that's how it's been done forever. The VE down low is too much for the stock timing curve with them in with a turbo bolted on. Remeber it's an NA to FI conversion, what's good for one might not be good for the other.

·
SR20DE
1,154 Posts
that is a nice looking kit, the install on it is super clean. I wonder if they are going to have something this nice for the SR20 engines.....

1 - 20 of 88 Posts