B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past couple of days i have noticed that my tranny is chirping going from 2nd to 3rd gear. It started when i thought my belt for the alt., and ac was loose so i tightened it. Could the chirping be from the belt being too tight and if it was the belt it would chirp at accelerations only, right? It doesn't seem anyone on here w/SR20DE has problems with their trannies. Everything seems to be happening at once with this car. When i make right hand turns i hear a tire rubbing the fenderweld sound but no tire is rubbing anywhere. Any input is appreciated.

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
hs thompson said:
When i make right hand turns i hear a tire rubbing the fenderweld sound but no tire is rubbing anywhere. Any input is appreciated.
this happens to me..when i make a sharp left or a u turn and lock the wheel i hear the tire rubbing but i dont see what its rubbing on..i have 205/55/16's so that shouldnt be happening. its not my alignment..i just gave up on it cuz hasnt caused uneven wear so far (that i can see)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the stock 195's on there and it does it. Only right hand turns though. I've taken out my tool box outta the trunk thinking its too much weight but it still does it. Between this the ac, coolant smell and brake noise i'm wanting to trade it in on new Corolla.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i do have an extended warranty (after market not Nissan). Maybe i'll just drive it till the 8itch falls apart. I hope its not the tranny! The rubbing noise on the left rear has me puzzled! It took me 4 months to find a used SE and i really wanna keep it.

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
i have an auto tranny and i can make it bark going into second more often than not and its all stock

·
Registered
133 Posts
03BlackoutSER said:
i have an auto tranny and i can make it bark going into second more often than not and its all stock
skimmer! (and its easier with a stick ;))

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
what does skimmer mean and i know its easier with a stick i did it on accident the first time u hafta floor it then close to where it shifts let off the gas then floor it again and it delays then chirps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts